Loyola University Chicago

Financial Aid Office

Using VA Benefits

The State of Illinois offers the following aid programs for military students:

Certification of Enrollment

Loyola’s Financial Aid Office will electronically send your Certification of Enrollment (VA Form 22-1999b) to the Department of Veteran Affairs no sooner than 10 days before the start of the term.  The VA will then process the enrollment certification in approximately 2-8 weeks.  You will receive an e-mail to notify you that your enrollment information has been sent to the VA.

Enrollment Changes

VA regulations require that you immediately notify the Financial Aid Office if you change your address or withdraw from any class.  Discussing enrollment changes with our office before you withdraw from the course may help avoid a potential loss of benefits and/or repayment of benefits to the VA.  E-mail Veterans@LUC.EDU for advisement before you withdraw.

Other Financial Assistance at Loyola

Students are strongly encouraged to apply for financial assistance.  We recommend that all students file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. Be sure to list the Loyola Title IV School Code (001710) as a school choice on the FAFSA.  In order to be considered for most types of financial assistance, you must be enrolled at least half-time (typically six undergraduate- or four graduate-level hours) in a degree-seeking program.