The O’Brien Vrba Scholarship Trust
The O’Brien-Vrba Scholarship Trust is intended to assist current undergraduate students in their junior or senior years, and graduate students. This program was established to assist rural Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Michigan high school graduates who plan to continue their education in college.
The applicant to the O’Brien-Vrba Scholarship Trust Program must:
- Currently live or have resided in an approved rural country during high school. Eligible County List
Note: Applicants who attended high school in DeKalb, IL shall be considered to have fulfilled the rural residency requirement.
- Be a current junior or senior postsecondary undergraduate or graduate-level student, who plans to enroll in a full-time undergraduate or graduate course of study at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Be actively involved in school activities and community service.
- Have a family Adjusted Gross Income of $100,000 or less.
- Approve the release of applicant contact information and all supporting documents to PNC Bank, N.A. as Trustee of the O’Brien-Vrba Scholarship Trust Program.
All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply. Applicants of the Catholic Faith will be given additional consideration.
Additional eligibility requirements and information about the award and application process can be found here.
The deadline for Fall 2022 considertion is April 21, 2022.