ABI Payment, Refunds, and Financial Aid
The Alternative Break Immersion fee covers all transportation, lodging, meals, and a participation fee due to the host organization. Costs vary for local, domestic, and international immersions and can be found HERE.
Campus Ministry believes that all students should have the opportunity for an ABI experience regardless of financial constraints and will work with students to make this possible. Financial assistance is available based on need and is awarded on a case by case basis. The application for financial assistance is due at the time of the application.
Payments and Refunds
A $25 application fee is due in order to complete the application process. This will be put toward the total amount due if a student is placed on a immersion and refunded if a student is not placed or drops from a immersion within one week of notification. The deposit is non-refundable after the due date and any monies beyond the deposit will only be returned to a student in the event of an extenuating circumstance and at the discretion of Campus Ministry. Students can either pay the total amount due in one lump sum or can split up payments using the payment schedule below.
Total cost of trips: $950 for Dominican Repulic And $550 for El Paso
- October 1: $150 deposit due
- October 15: Payment #2 due ($300 Dominican Republic; $200 El Paso)
- November 1: Payment #3 due ($300 Dominican Republic; $100 El Paso)
- November 15: Payment #4 due ($200 Dominican Republic; $100 El Paso)
Total cost of trips: $100 for Chicago and $275 for all other immersions
- December 6: $25 deposit and application due
- December 30: $100 deposit due
- January 15: $100 second payment due
- February 1: $50 final payment due
Total cost of trips: $275
- March 30: Application and $25 application fee due
- April 15: $125 Deposit Due
- April 30: $125 Final Payment Due