Approved University Travel Policy
With the ongoing concern for international travel amidst the corona virus outbreak, Loyola University has put in place the following university-wide restrictions, effective immediately:
- Loyola’s international travel policy will be aligned with CDC/WHO travel restrictions;
- Faculty, staff and students are prohibited from travel to any Level 3 country on any university sponsored trip;
- Faculty, staff or students who must travel for personal reasons to a Level 3 country are not to return to work upon their entry back in the United States but are expected to contact the Wellness Center for instructions on a mandatory 14 day quarantine;
- Faculty, staff or students traveling to any Level 2 international location are expected to use caution and take necessary steps to ensure proper health protocols to minimize any exposure to the virus (see CDC recommendation below)
The CDC also recommends the following for level 2 countries.
- Older adults and those with chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel.
- Travelers should avoid contact with sick people and clean their hands often by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%–95% alcohol.
- Travelers should watch their health during travel and for 14 days after returning to the United States.
Updates to the university travel policy during this time will be posted as necessary. Please check back on this website for any changes.