Mission and Vision
The Wellness Center provides high quality, confidential, and holistic medical, mental health, and health promotion services. Within a framework guided by the Jesuit values of care for the whole person and care for the community, we partner with students to promote well-being, skills and experiences that empower them to thrive and become persons for others within their college experience and beyond.
Our work is guided by our beliefs and commitment to:
- High-quality, interdisciplinary care that is evidence-based
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organizational practices, policies, services, and programs. We celebrate and promote diversity in all of its forms.
- Prevention of negative health outcomes and the promotion of wellness resources and opportunities for positive health changes.
- Collaboration with campus and community partners toward shared goals of personal and community health and wellness
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
The Loyola University Chicago Wellness Center is committed to nurturing diversity, equity and inclusion in our organizational practices, policies, services, and programs. We celebrate and promote diversity in all of its forms. We assert non-discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class status in its services, staffing, and administrative practices.
- Inclusion and safety: We recognize the impact of stereotypes, prejudice, discrimination, oppression, power, and privilege on accessibility to healthcare and strive to maintain a safe, inclusive space where students can safely benefit from confidential wellness services across all intersecting identities.
- Accessibility: The Wellness Center is committed to making services, resources, and educational materials accessible to students while working to address barriers that impact access to care including stigma around help-seeking.
- Learning and professional development: With a spirit of cultural humility, the Wellness Center staff are committed to ongoing personal and professional development of cultural awareness.