There are many resources available to help you with your job or graduate school search. Take a look below for some we have collected:
Below are some useful links containing information on different careers that use mathematics and statistics.
- Career Information - Take a look at the AMS Career site for ideas of where you can apply with a degree in Mathematics (there are many).
- We Use Math - The left column on this page has descriptions and information about many different career options open to Math majors.
- Career Cornerstone Center - a site with in depth resources for careers in Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science.
- ASA - The American Statistical Association has many resources for helping Statistics graduates find jobs- take a look!
- Be an Actuary - An in depth guide to everything about being an Actuary and studying Actuarial Science. If you are looking at Actuary jobs, check this out!
Once you have an idea of what kind of job you want, search through these sites to see what positions are available.
- Loyola's RamberLink - Loyola's own career resource. Check this out as a start to your job search.
- Glassdoor.com - a great site for finding specific positions in the city you want to live in. Glassdoor also provides interview tips and salary estimations.
- DW Simpson - an actuarial recruiting firm. Make sure you submit your resume to them!
- Linkedin - Make sure you make a profile to network and find jobs.
- Indeed- another great site for job searches.
- Company websites - Practically all companies have career pages on their websites that list open positions, make sure you look around.
A graduate degree in Mathematics or Statistics can open up a wide range of career opportunities.