To request academic, meal plan, or housing accommodations related to a disability, students must apply with the SAC. All requests for disability accommodations are reviewed on an individualized, case-by-case basis by SAC staff.
Students can apply with SAC at any point during their academic career but are strongly recommended to beginthe process as early as possible, since accommodations are not retroactive. Applications received near the end of a semester may not be processed prior to final exams, so we recommend students apply as early as possible to avoid delays.
If academic, meal plan, or housing arrangments are needed related to temporary disabilities (i.e., due to short-term – but serious – conditions resulting from major illness, surgery, or an accident), students should consult with SAC as soon as the condition is identified. Please see the webpage on for more information.
Students and faculty are strongly advised not to attempt to arrange for disability accommodations outside of the official SAC process; it is in the best interest of both students and employees to ensure that all accommodation discussions and decisions are compliant with University policy and applicable legal standards, to protect privacy interests and prevent discrimination.
To apply for registration with our office, students must:
- Complete the application form and submit documentation.
- Please click here to review documentation guidelines.
- Please submit documentation via the application form, email to SAC@luc.edu, or fax to 773-508-3810.
- Meet with SAC Staff.
- When SAC has approved your application and documentation, they will prompt you to schedule a meeting.
- We encourage students to complete the application in the summer so all accommodations are in place for the start of fall semester.
- Incoming students in need of housing accommodations are encouraged to complete the application prior to May 1, as we are not able to guarantee accommodations after housing placements are determined.
- Returning students in need of housing accommodations are encouraged to complete the application prior to the housing application process in February.