PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR IMPORTANT INFORMATION AS POLICIES FOR TESTING HAVE CHANGED AS OF 1/3/2024:
- At the beginning of every semester, you must submit a semester request for accommodations. Once your request has been approved, you will be able to schedule exams starting the first day of classes.
- Students must submit all test and quiz requests via Accommodate at least 7 days in advance. Student who attempt to schedule an exam lor quiz ess than 7 days in advance will need to contact their professor and plan to take the exam in class.
- All exams or quizzes must be scheduled using Accommodate; requests will not be accepted via walk-in, phone call, or email.
- Students with extenuating circumstances (recently approved for accommodations, injury, family emergency) can send an email to SACTesting@luc.edu for assistance. Forgetting to schedule is not an extenuating circumstance.
- Test Room Booking Instructions (please see link for detailed instructions on how to book exams or quizzes through Accommodate.
- Regular Semester Exams or Quizzes should be scheduled the same time/day as the class
- Students are encouraged to consider their extended time accommodations when creating their class schedules.
- If you have an evening class (after 5pm) please contact us at email@example.com regarding scheduling your exams or quizzes.
- with your extended time, if there is a conflict with another course, discuss with your faculty if an alternate time is possible. SAC will follow the student/faculty decision on exam time.
- Students should discuss any extended time course conflicts with their faculty. SAC will approve the exam or quiz time requested. Please reach out to us at SACTesting@luc.edu to adjust an exam time.
- Finals FAQ - Fall 2023: The deadline to schedule final exams is Monday April 15 at 5pm. This is so we have time to prepare for the hundreds of exams we proctor during Finals Week, and to make sure we have adequate staffing and testing space. (please see the link for frequently asked questions regarding Finals Week.)
- Final Exam Booking Instructions (please see the link for detailed instructions on how to book Final Exams through Accommodate.)
- Common Final Exams (MATH 117, 118, 131, 161 & CHEM 101, 102, 223, 224) must be scheduled at the Lake Shore Campus location.
- SAC Offices will be open for extended hours during Finals Week to accommodate evening exams: M-F 8am-9pm, and LSC Sat 8am-7pm.
- Final Exam retakes scheduled outside of Finals Week will need to be scheduled during our regular office hours M-F 8:30am-5pm.
- If you are scheduling an in-person exam or quiz, please make sure to let us know if the exam or quiz is a) on paper in-person, b) online in-person. Online Remote exams are not taken in our office.
- If you are scheduling an exam, quiz or final from a previous semester, you will not be able to do so in Accommodate. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding scheduling this type of exam or quiz.
Testing Center Policies:
- Academic Integrity: The Student Accessibility Center follows the University's Academic Integrity Guidelines. SAC will notify faculty members and and Deans regarding any students suspected of cheating. Possible sanctions may include receiving an F or 0 on the exam, the course, or more, as determined by the faculty member, Dean, and/or Provost.
- Sick/Illness Policy: Students that are currently dealing with illness (i.e. COVID-19, Flu, Norovirus, etc.) will not be able to test in the SAC office, as it places the SAC staff and other students at risk. Please reach out to your faculty regarding rescheduling the exam, and email us the new date/time at SACTesting@luc.edu.
- No personal belongings or technology (cell phones, smart watches, headphones etc.) are allowed in the testing room. If you are caught with unapproved devices, it will be considered a violation of the University’s Academic Integrity policy.
- Early Policy: Students cannot begin an exam more than 15 min before the time they have scheduled without faculty permission, due to Academic Integrity concerns.
- Late Policy: Time will not be adjusted for students that arrive late for exams. Students will be able to take the exam with the remainder of their time, or will reach out to their faculty to take the exam in class.
Sullivan Center 239
Water Tower Campus
Lewis Towers 414C
Health Sciences Campus (Maywood)
Tuesdays & Thursdays