SAC collaboratively works with students and faculty to ensure accessibility in and out of the classroom. The implementation of accommodations is a shared responsibility between the student, faculty, and SAC.
Notification to Faculty
In order to use classroom related accommodations, students must provide their accommodation letter to faculty. Students activate their accommodations with SAC each semester in Accommodate. Once approved, an official letter will be sent to the student and faculty electronically in Accommodate. Students are responsible for discussing implementation of accommodations, as some accommodations require additional forms or action. All information should remain confidential. Accommodations may be implemented at any point during the semester, but accommodations are not retroactive. SAC encourages students to activate their accommodations within the first two weeks of the semester.
The responsibility for determining a student's eligibility for appropriate accommodations rests with SAC. Providing reasonable accommodations are required by law as they remove barriers and provide access for students with disabilities. If an accommodation compromises the core standards of the course, compromises the academic integrity of a course, or presents an undue burden to the University, please contact SAC. If you have questions about how an accommodation applies to your course, or if you have questions or concerns about implementing accommodations please contact SAC at 773-508-3700 or email@example.com within a timely manner.
For more information about implementing accommodations, please follow the links below:
- Follow this link for more information about implementing testing accommodations.
- Follow this link for more information about implementing accommodations for note taking.
- Follow this link for more information about implementing accommodations for students with hearing impairment.
- Follow this link for more information about implementing accommodations for students with visual impairment.
- Follow this link for more information about implementing accommodations for attendance/deadlines.