The mission of the Loyola University Department of Campus Safety is to promote and maintain a safe and secure environment in which the University's educational mission can be successful. This department contributes to the University's mission through non-intrusive safety procedures that promote the intellectual, social, spiritual, physical and recreational aspects of students' lives. The Department's crime prevention and security programs nurture the personal growth of the students outside the classroom with the goal of assisting students to develop into responsible citizens consistent with the teachings and traditions of Loyola University. The Department's contract with the University community cultivates mutual trust and encourages members of the Loyola community to share in the responsibility of reducing the opportunity for criminal activity. We strive to attain the highest degree of ethical behavior and professional conduct at all times.
DEPARTMENT MEMBERS COMMITMENT
The mission of every member of this Department is to affirmatively promote and provide quality services to the University Community. This mission is a commitment to quality performance from all members of this Department. The mission provides the foundation upon which all operational decisions and organizational directives are based. Directives include rules, regulations, policies, operating procedures and practices. All members are expected to work consistently in a quality manner in the performance of their duties, job responsibilities and work tasks associated with this mission. Members pledge to support the Constitution of the United States, the laws of the State of Illinois, and the rules and regulations of Loyola University Chicago.
Our vision is to become a nationally recognized leader among university public safety organizations. We will increase our profile as an integral part of the University, earning and maintaining the trust of all members of the University community. We will work in partnership with all members of the University community and outside agencies to provide quality services in all areas of public safety.
The Department of Campus Safety is committed to values that foster the inherent rights of the individual, and an appreciation of the ethnic and cultural diversity of the University Community. The department embraces the following values for its members:
The department embraces the following values for its members:
- Organizational climate of trust and respect
- Respect for the traditions of Loyola University while encouraging an atmosphere that allows for innovation and change in the delivery of quality public safety services.
- Foster a sense of security and well being for the entire University Community.
- Investigate and implement new techniques and means which will contribute to a more efficient and effective operation of Department of Campus Safety.
- Promote the well being of the University through the enforcement of appropriate State Statutes, and University Policies and Regulations.
- Provide an active crime prevention program in partnership with the community, to reduce the risk of criminal activity on campus.