General Audition Information
The Department of Fine and Performing Arts holds auditions for actors, singers and dancers for its Mainstage and studet led Second Stage productions throughout the academic year.
On average, the DFPA produces 3-4 Mainstage productions a year and 6-10 Second Stage projects. Depending on the time commitment, students that are cast are enrolled in THTR 323 - Rehearsal and Performance. This one-credit class, in addition to supporting the amount of time a student spends in rehearsals and performances, also serves as part of the applied knowledge in production that theatre majors will receive as part of their graduation requirements.
Incoming freshmen have the opportunity to audition for competitive scholarships. Usually these auditions are scheduled in the February prior to a student's enrollment in the program.
Current students looking for more information regarding upcoming auditions are encouraged to join the THTR PROGRAM Sakai site.
Functioning much like the class-specific Sakai spaces, the THTR PROGRAM Sakai is the best place to find any announcements or information regarding upcoming opportunities. Please email email@example.com to be added to the site. Students enrolled in theatre classes are automatically added to the site at the beginning of the semester.
Current students may also join LUC Theatre News on Facebook.
Spring 2021 Mainstage Auditions
The Newhart Family Theatre is our primary venue with 215 seats and a thrust stage. It hosts many of our Mainstage series of productions each year. Typically, these productions are directed by faculty members and have performances scheduled over multiple weeks in the semester.
All's Well That Ends Well
By William Shakespeare
Directed by Bill Brown
- Audition Form: Auditions will be via video submission on Submittable. This form will be open until Wednesday, Nov. 4th 2020. If someone should need accommodation such as a live audition, they may email DFPA Production.
- Audition Requirements: Each auditionee should prepare 20 lines of a Shakespeare monologue that has some personal connection.
- Link for usable monologues will be on the audition form
- Audition Resources:
- Callback Sides
- View Audition Intro video by Bill Brown below.
- Auditionees can direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, Stage Manager Parker Bailey at email@example.com, or to Director Bill Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rehearsals will begin in January 2021 and performances will be March 20th, 21st, 27th, and 28th.
Bill made an introduction video of himself for auditionees to watch. Be sure to view this video to get an idea of who Bill is and what he is looking for!