IBM SPSS Statistics
IBM SPSS Statistics is a comprehensive statistics package. Loyola is licensed for the following modules: Base, Custom Tables, Regression, and Advanced Models.
|IBM SPSS Statistics||LUC Status|
|Version Update||27 in May 2021|
|License Type||Campus-wide for teaching, learning, research, and administrative use|
|Lab Locations||All LSC and WTC open access labs; HSC SSOM 350 and Call Lab 254|
|Student Availabilty||Available to students in all open access labs on Windows and Mac computers|
|Faculty/Staff Desktop Availability||All LUC-owned faculty/staff Windows computers at LSC, WTC, and HSC via the LUSoftware Center. Faculty and staff using Mac desktops must request a local install of the software by emailing ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu (8-4487).|
Options for off-campus use
|Install on Personal Comptuer via the LUC License||Available to students, faculty, and staff. Install on one personal device for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. Complete the ITS Service Desk SPSS Statistics Home Use self-service request per the instructions below.|
|Remote Access - Apporto||Available via the Apporto General Lab Desktop.|
|Remote Access - VPN||Available to faculty and staff who are remotely connecting to their LUC desktop.|
Instructions for locating the ITS Service Desk's SPSS Statistics Home Use Self Service Request (SSR)
- Go to the Information Technology Services main page.
- Select Make a Request in the top maroon Service Portal bar.
- On the ITS Service Portal login page, log in using your LUC uvid and password.
- Once logged in, click on the middle top menu bar choice, Make a Request.
- Move down the page until you find the SPSS Statistics for Home Use option (the options are listed in alpha order) and click on that option.
- Click on Request.
- Fill out the required fields in the Self-Service Requests (if your operating system is Mac, you must provide the version of the OS, e.g., Mac 10.14, Mac 10.15, Mac, 11.1, etc.).
- Make sure you download and fill out the SPSS End User Agreement form that is included in the SSR per the instructions provided. If you do not fill out the End User Agreement form completely and correctly, you will be asked to redo the form and this will delay your access to the software.
- Attach the completed End User Agreement form to the request.
- Submit the request.
Online documentation and tutorials for IBM SPSS Statistics are available by clicking on the Help button in the top menu bar of the application. Choose Documentation in PDF format to access the web-based documentation provided by IBM.
Support for IBM SPSS Statistics
- To report issues and request assistance with IBM SPSS Statistics, contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu.
- ITRS provides statistical advising hours throughout the academic year.