Digital Media Services
Digital Media Services (DMS) provides support to a number of technology resources and service locations to the Loyola Community. Visit the links in the left-hand navigation for more information about our service offerings, locations and hours, policies and more.
Start of Spring 2023 Semester
As the Spring Semester and new year begins, be aware of these resources:
- Equipment Loan Program additions - This semester, we add the following kits available to circulate from our loan program:
- Media Production Studios expand to WTC (faculty-only) - If you are a faculty member interested in recording multimedia video content in support of coursework, consider visiting our Media Production Studios pages to learn more about our services and submitting requests.
End of Fall 2022 Semester
As the fall semester concludes, all our services see higher usage and demand. We recommend that everyone plan accordingly to make advance reservations for equipment loan needs using our Equipment Reservation System as many items are in demand with back-to-back reservations. Printing posters, lab printing and lab usage also sees high usage and demand during this time as well.
Note that our Equipment Reservation System will not permit reservations for the Winter Intersession/J-Term until our fall semester concludes. Our Checkout Center hours will be updated on Monday, December 19th for the break. Access is only available to students when active in coursework based on LOCUS class start and end dates. If you have J-Term classes your access will resume on Tuesday, January 3rd. For those returning to classes in the spring, your access will resume on Tuesday, January 16th.
We will continue to operate with regular semester hours up through Saturday, December 17th. Thereafter we will operate with more reduced, intersession hours as the summer begins. Look to our Location Hours to plan your equipment returns accordingly. We wish you all the best of luck with finals and safe travels ahead!
Start of Fall 2022 Semester
As another exciting academic year begins, please look to these helpful resources as you return to campus:
- Equipment Self-Service Renewals - With our latest system upgrade, we have enabled the ability for self-service renewals using the reservation system, allowing clients to renew existing, active loans to enable up to 3 additional days to be added to the loan, based on equipment availability. For step-by-step instructions, visit the Equipment Renewals page.
- (faculty-only) - If you are a faculty member interested in recording multimedia video content in support of coursework, consider visiting our Media Production Studios pages to learn more about our services and submitting requests. Our new WTC location launches on Monday, August 29th with the start of the academic year. Our LSC location is in the Information Commons room 207. Learn more.
- WTC Vocal Booth Access Updates - We've made accessing the WTC Vocal Booth easier, removing the authorization training requirements, permitting both walk-in requests and self-service reservations. Note that access is limited to current Loyola students, faculty and staff.
- Multimedia Labs Update for Microsoft Applications - Microsoft Office applications now support Office365 integration, enabling ease of saving directly to your OneDrive or SharePoint from the applications. As a result of this change, upon first launch of any Microsoft program in a lab, it will prompt for your @luc.edu login for use the rest of your session at that workstation.
On-Campus Printing. Are you looking to print your class schedule, syllabus, or more? Find out more about our printing services (including posters), printing tips, and adding funds to your Loyola ID Card to print via MobilePrint as the semester begins. Learn more.
On-Campus Wireless. Do you have new devices or haven't been on campus for awhile, and need to connect to Loyola's Wireless? Visit the ITS Wireless FAQ for instructions and tips when connecting to the "LUC" wireless network. Learn more.
Looking for Technology Discounts?
Are you looking to purchase a new PC or Mac computer, interested in mobile provider discounts, software application discounts and recommendations? Visit TechConnect for all our collected software and hardware discounts.
For previous news and announcements, visit our DMS News Archive.