Digital Media Services
Digital Media Services (DMS) provides support to a number of technology resources and service locations to the Loyola Community. Visit the links in the left-hand navigation for more information about our service offerings, locations and hours, policies and more.
End of Spring 2022 Semester
As the spring semester concludes, all our services see higher usage and demand. We recommend that everyone plan accordingly to make advance reservations for equipment loan needs using our Equipment Reservation System as many items are in demand with back-to-back reservations. Printing posters and lab printing also sees high usage and demand during this time. For any multimedia lab related questions, make sure to visit our Contact Us section.
Note that our Equipment Reservation System will not permit reservations for the summer until our spring semester concludes. We will update the Reservation System hours on Monday May 9th for the rest of the summer (up through mid-August). Access is only available to students when they are active in coursework, so those in summer classes will be able to resume loan access on the first day of their summer classes. Those with classes next in the fall semester will be able to borrow equipment again the first day of the fall semester.
We will continue to operate with regular semester hours up through Saturday, May 7th. Thereafter we will operate with more reduced, intersession hours as the summer begins. Look to the Location Hours page for full details.
Start of Spring 2022 Semester
As another exciting semester begins, Digital Media Services locations will be open with slightly modified hours of operation the first 2 weeks of the semester. This includes reduced closures at 5pm at WTC and some more limited Equipment Reservation pickup windows due to student worker gaps ahead of the return to on-campus classes on 1/31. If you are a student, your access to the Equipment Loan Program begins effective your first day of classes based on your LOCUS class start dates.
Som additional helpful resources to note:
- Printing & Posters - Learn more about printing to MobilePrint and adding funds to your Loyola ID Card.
- Wireless FAQ - If you are returning to campus with new devices or otherwise need assistance connecting to the LUC wireless network, visit the ITS Wireless pages.
- LSC Media Production Studio - If you are a faculty member interested in recording multimedia video content in support of coursework, consider visiting our Media Production Studio pages to learn more about our services and how to submit a service request.
- Zoom Webinars - Webinars continue to be a popular avenue to connect with your audiences! Make sure to review our Zoom Webinar pages for our guides, resources, and how to submit a request to host your own webinar.
WTC Vocal Booth and LSC Media Production Studio
WTC Vocal Booth service resumes - As we return from Fall Break, we are pleased to share that access and use to the WTC Vocal Booth resumes effective Tuesday, October 12th. We've made physical updates and modifications to reservation duration and cleaning processes to best ensure health and safety considerations. Before use, users must complete our online authorization process - individuals that already completed this in Spring 2019 are not required to complete authorization again, but are welcome to revisit and reivew our policies.
LSC Media Production Studio services expand - Our Media Production Studio for faculty-centric video recordings and media creation resumes services, including expanding our resources and guides for Self-Service Media Production, as well as a new Lightboard technology for ease of filming 'whiteboarding' on glass. To learn more about these faculty-focused services, visit the Media Production Studio pages.
What's New for Fall 2021
As the new academic year begins, please note the following updates or expansions of our services:
- Equipment Loan Access and Reservation-Only. Access to reserve equipmen twill begin on Monday, August 30th with the first day of classes. We've updated our policies requiring reservation in-advance.
- Equipment Loan at HSC - We have partnered with our colleages at HSC to begin launching equipment loan at the Health Sciences Campus in Cuneo Center SSOM. Learn more.
- Zoom Webinars pages updated and expanded - After enabling over 1,000 webinars in the past year, we've overhauled our luc.edu/webinar pages and exanded documentation with our recommendations on how to deliver Live Events with Virtual Audiences (tips for using Webinars or Meetings for in-person events)
- We're still hiring for student labor! We have an exciting new team of student workers, specialized in the roles Equipment & Video and Print & Design, and continue to hire to fill in our scheduling gaps and staff our service locations. Learn more.
Start-of-Semester Printing Tips
Are you looking to print your class schedule, syllabus, or more? Find out more about our printing services, tips, and MobilePrint as the semester begins. Learn more.
Looking for Technology Discounts?
Are you looking to purchase a new PC or Mac computer, interested in mobile provider discounts, software application discounts and recommendations? Visit TechConnect for all our collected software and hardware discounts.
For previous news and announcements, visit our DMS News Archive.