Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) is a suite of programs that includes email and calendaring, messaging, select Office software, SharePoint collaboration tools, OneDrive cloud storage, and voice, video, and web conferencing.
E-mail, Calendar, Contacts
- Easily manage your e-mail with 50 GB mailboxes, and send emails up to 150 MB in size. Faculty and Staff have 100 GB mailboxes.
- Work from almost anywhere with automatically updated email, calendar, and contacts across the devices you use most, including PCs, Macintosh computers, iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerry Smartphones, Microsoft Windows Mobile, and Windows Phones.
- Connect with all of the rich functionality of Outlook for Microsoft 365 whether you’re online at home or school or working offline.
- Access your e-mail, calendar, and contacts from nearly any web browser while keeping the Outlook experience with Outlook Web App.
- Schedule meetings by sharing calendars and viewing them side by side, seeing availability and suggested meeting times.
- Protect yourself from spam and viruses with Microsoft Defender (aka Endpoint Protection) Online Protection for Exchange, which includes multiple filters and virus-scanning engines.
- Full desktop and mobile versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote — install on up to five PCs or Macs, five tablets or phones.
- Directly access Office Installation files here: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
- You can view your install status under your Office 365 account, accessed directly here: https://portal.office.com/account/.
- Simultaneously edit files with others in real time, and see exactly who is editing and viewing your documents.
- Access and view files from your mobile device.
- Enjoy consistent formatting when moving between Office Web Apps and desktop Office applications.
SharePoint and OneDrive
- Create and host personal and team web sites; OneDrive is your personal storage and SharePoint is for sharing with a team or group.
- 5 TB of personal storage space with OneDrive.
- 1 TB of shared storage space with SharePoint.
- Real-time co-authoring and collaboration with SharePoint and Office Online.
Instant Messaging and Online Meetings
- Microsoft Teams helps you find and quickly connect with the right person from within the Office applications you already use.
- Find and connect with others from virtually anywhere via presence, instant messaging, audio-video calls, and online meetings.
- Make PC-to-PC voice and video calls.
- Enjoy online meetings, including audio, video, and web conferencing.
- Persistent chat that follows you where you use Teams.
Last Modified: Thu, August 18, 2022 4:21 PM CDT