Summer 2021 Math Refresher Seminar
The Summer 2021 Math Refresher Seminar is open to all incoming STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) students who want improve their math placement. It is free. It is simultaneously online and in person. It is capped at 24 students.
Starting Tuesday, July 6, this Program will take place Monday through Friday, at the Lake Shore Campus in the Flex Lab or online. Here is the daily schedule (all times are CDT):
9:15 – 9:30am Check-in (first day, Tuesday, July 6, only)
9:30 – 11:30am Math tutorial with Dr. John Houlihan
11:30 – 12:30pm Lunch (included)
12:30 – 1:15pm An Engineering activity with Dr. Gail Baura (for engineering students or any interested student)
The Flex Lab is located at 6339 N. Broadway, Chicago. By taking this in-person course, you agree to the following regulations:
- You are at least 18 years old. (This will be checked with your records at LUC.)
- You will not enter the Flex Lab if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- You will wear a mask in the Flex Lab, will adhere to our sanitization process, and will maintain 6 foot social distancing.
- You have a valid LUC ID (https://www.luc.edu/campuscard/index.shtml , available M-F from 8:30-am-1:00pm, 2:00-5:00pm at the Lake Shore Campus)
For students online, you only need to attend the Check-in and Math tutorial portions of our program.
The last day of the Seminar is Monday, July 26. However, you may choose to stop attending sooner when you pass ALEKS with a score of at least 75.
There is no cost for this program.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Dr. Baura (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To register for this program, send an e-mail to Dr. Gail Baura (email@example.com) confirming that you intend to participate in this program, beginning Tuesday, July 6. Please include this information:
- Full name
- Whether you want to attend in-person or online
- Best e-mail address
- Loyola e-mail address