Wind Ensemble Auditions
Wind Ensemble – MUSC 110
Auditions for each semester will take place during the first week of classes.
Mid-year enrollees are required to audition in the Spring. Students enrolled in the Fall are not required to re-audition in the Spring.
Woodwinds and Brass Requirements:
- Chromatic scale spanning the full range of your instrument (ascending/descending), or at least two octaves. Be able to play tongued or slurred. A demonstration of major/minor scales is a plus, but not required.
- Required audition excerpts for each instrument posted on Sakai.
- If you did not audition in the Fall, you may prepare in addition: Two short, contrasting excerpts from an etude, solo, or other work(s) that highlight your lyrical (slow) as well as technical (fast) capabilities. Excerpts should be no more than 3-4 minutes each.
- Required audition excerpts posted on Sakai. There will be a keyboard excerpt.
- Be prepared to demonstrate technique on timpani, suspended cymbal, hand crash cymbals, tambourine, triangle, etc.
More audition information will be sent to registered students via their LUC email account a few weeks before the beginning of each semester. Remember to sign up for the class before selecting your audition time. Only those enrolled in the class will be able to audition.
For more information about Wind Ensemble auditions, please email Director Frederick Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org.