Crime Alert - Strong-Arm Robbery at 6400 Block of North Glenwood
November 2, 2014
Campus Safety is writing to inform you of a strong-armed robbery that was reported to the department earlier today.
In this incident, a Loyola student was walking in the 6400 block of North Glenwood Avenue around 2 a.m. on Sunday, November 2 when an unknown offender emerged from an alley and demanded the victim's purse. The victim complied and the offender fled without further incident.
Anyone who thinks they may have information about this incident should contact Campus Safety at 773.508.SAFE.
Please also keep the following in mind.
- Always try to avoid walking alone
- Utilize 8-RIDE to get around near campus
- Stay alert and tuned-in to your surroundings
- Walk in well-lit areas; stay away from alleys
- Do not listen to earphones while out alone, as this minimizes your ability to hear an approaching threat; it also advertises to a would-be thief that you may have a desirable item to steal
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return
Immediately report any suspicious behavior or crimes to Campus Safety by calling 773.508.SAFE or the Chicago Police Department by calling 911.
Chief of Police and Director of Campus Safety