Crime Alert - Strong-Armed Robbery in 1300 Block of West Hood Street
September 13, 2016
Campus Safety is writing to notify you about a strong-armed robbery that occurred off campus last night at approximately 10 p.m. and was reported to the department this afternoon.
A Loyola student was approached in the 1300 block of West Hood Street by three individuals, two males and a female, who demanded the student’s backpack. The student complied, and the offenders fled east.
Campus Safety is working closely with the Chicago Police Department on the investigation. If anyone has information on the incident above, please contact Campus Safety at 773.508.SAFE or the Chicago Police Department at 312.744.8263.
Please also keep the following safety tips in mind:
- When possible, avoid walking alone at night. Walk or jog in well-lit areas and stay away from alleys.
- Refrain from using headphones or talking on the phone, as this minimizes your ability to hear an approaching threat. It also advertises to a would-be thief that you may have a desirable item to steal.
- If a person threatens you, follow any demands and run away as soon as it is safe to do so. Once in a safe place, immediately notify Campus Safety or the Chicago Police Department.
- Tell someone where you are going and when you will return. Please use the University's 8-RIDE program, or call Campus Safety after hours.
- Investigative follow-up will be dependent on the amount of detail a person can recall. It is important to remember as many identifying characteristics about the offender(s) as possible. This can include physical characteristics of the person, clothing, any weapons used, direction of flight, etc.
Thomas K. Murray
Director of Campus Safety and Chief of Police