For course prerequisite information, please view the LOCUS Course Catalog.
- SOWK 500: Lifespan Development, Human Behavior, Trauma, and Theory
- SOWK 501: Assessment of Client Concerns in Context
- SOWK 502: Power, Oppression, Privilege and Social Justice
- SOWK 503: Practice Skills with Individuals and Families
- SOWK 504: Integrated Micro/Mezzo/Macro Theory and Practice
- SOWK 505: Group Work Practice in Social Work: Micro, Mezzo, Macro
- SOWK 506: Research and Evaluation in Social Work Practice
- SOWK 509: Social Work Policy and Community Interventions
- Completion of 500-level courses except for SOWK 504, SOWK 506, and SOWK 509.
- SOWK 509 must be completed before taking 600-level policy courses.
- No prerequisites exist for any 700-level course.
- BSW students are eligible to take these courses in their senior year.
Field instruction courses are to accompany your internship. Please view the Internship Overview page for more information.