- SOWK 500: Lifespan Development, Human Behavior, Trauma, and Theory
- SOWK 501: Assessment of Client Concerns in Context
- SOWK 502: Power, Oppression, Privilege and Social Justice
- SOWK 503: Practice Skills with Individuals and Families
- SOWK 504: Integrated Micro/Mezzo/Macro Theory and Practice
- SOWK 505: Group Work Practice in Social Work: Micro, Mezzo, Macro
- SOWK 506: Research and Evaluation in Social Work Practice
- SOWK 509: Social Work Policy and Community Interventions
Advanced Level Courses
Completion of 500-level courses except for SOWK 504, SOWK 506, and SOWK 509.
SOWK 509 must be completed before taking 600 level policy courses.
No prerequisites exist for any 700-level course.
BSW students are eligible to take these courses in their senior year.
Prerequisites for Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor Program (CADC) courses: SOWK 722 must be completed before taking SOWK 621 and SOWK 622.
Field Instruction Courses
Field instruction courses are to accompany your internship. Please view the Fieldwork Overview page for more information.