Mobile Device Management
ITS implemented security measures to protect your personal information and LUC data. Mobile Device Managment (MDM) secures information on devices and ensures they are compliant with University policies. MDM will only be used to safeguard and protect University data within Microsoft 365 mobile applications, such as Outlook, OneDrive, etc.
MDM users will be required to use Outlook to access Loyola e-mail on mobile devices for enchanced security.
MDM allows mobile device users to securely use Microsoft 365 applications and resources, such as Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, etc. MDM helps safeguard information on mobile devices and prevent data leaks.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH MDM:
MDM allows ITS to leverage protection policies to secure university and personal data on mobile devices. The policies in effect for all Loyola faculty and staff include:
- All mobile devices must use the official Microsoft Outlook Application to access Loyola email.
- Native, built-in, or third-party applications are prohibited from accessing Loyola email on mobile devices.
- A PIN is required to access all Microsoft 365 mobile applications. Mobile users will be prompted to enter a PIN when accessing these applications every 30 minutes.
- Mobile users will not be able to copy and paste data between Microsoft 365 mobile applications and non-Microsoft 365 mobile applications. For example, users may not copy data from Outlook into Apple Notes. Users will still be able to copy and paste data between Outlook, Teams, OneDrive and any other official Microsoft 365 application.
- Mobile users may no longer take screenshots of Loyola data within Microsoft 365 mobile applications.
- Certain third-party keyboards that relay information back to third-parties may not interface with Loyola data within Microsoft 365 mobile applications.
- Note: MDM will not collect personal user data or monitor any personal applications. Please see MDM: Respecting Privacy and Personal Data for more information.
GETTING STARTED WITH MDM:
- MDM: Getting Started for an overview of the setup and configuration process.
- MDM: Android Detailed Setup for step-by-step instructions on Android devices.
- MDM: Apple iOS Detailed Setup for step-by-step instructions on iPhones and iPads.
Coming soon. Check back for details.