EndNote is a research tool and citation manager. Use it to:
- Search online journals, books and databases for references
- Import and store references that you find in databases (such as PubMed, Web of Science, or Academic Search)
- Import references from your downloaded PDFs, or use the Find Full Text feature to download the PDFs of your imported references
- Organize your references into groups
- Create bibliographies and reference lists in over 5,000 styles
- Synchronize your references between up to three of your personal computers, an online library, and a mobile device through EndNote Sync
- Share references with research partners and colleagues in the web-based EndNote Basic.
The following EndNote resources are available to members of the Loyola community:
Lakeside Campuses – please refer to the EndNote Support page on the Loyola University Libraries website.
Licenses are available for current Loyola University Chicago faulty, staff and students for personal or professional use and can be installed on personal or departmental machines.
Installation is available for Windows (Windows 10 or higher) and Mac OS (10.14, 10.15, 11). Please visit the EndNote site for hardware and system requirements and word processor compatibility.
Download and Install
Follow the instructions below to download and install the appropriate version of EndNote for your machine:
- Loyola Supplied Windows Computer: Click the Windows button and search for: Software Center. Choose that application and EndNote will appear as a recent entry. Select EndNote and follow the prompts for installing the software.
- Loyola Supplied Mac Computer: Go to your Mac Software Center and select "install" for EndNote 20. If you do not have Mac Software Center on your Apple device, please contact the ITS Service Desk to submit a request to enroll your University-owned macOS device in Jamf. Once enrolled, you will have the ability to install EndNote 20 via the Mac Software Center on your device.
- Non-Standard Loyola Computers / Personal Devices: