Correspondence Study Division
Founded in 1922 by Rev. Frederick Siedenburg, S.J., the Correspondence Study Division was original called the Home Study Division. The division was founded "in order to furnish the opportunity for study and development to men and women unable to attend the school as resident students". College credit could be earned via mail, and up to thirty semester house completed this way would be accepted by various other universities towards a degree. The name was changed in 1968 to the Correspondence Study Division. The division was elminated in 1985.