The University Archives participates in the records management program at Loyola University Chicago. Records in both digital and physical formats are accepted.
Records should be transferred to the Archives according to the records retention guidelines. Please put records in a storage/bankers box or copy paper box. Files should be placed in the box in the order in which they were kept in the filing cabinet or other storage area. All boxes should be numbered beginning with 1 (ex. 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc.) and labeled as to which office they are coming from. Please include email a list of the files being transferred to the University Archivist at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please call the University Archives at 773.508.2661 with any questions.
The following forms should be used in conjunction with the 2012 Records Retention Policy (PDF).
- Records Disposition Form (Word document)
- Cubic Feet Conversion Chart (Word document)
- Records to transfer (PDF) - short list of highlighting some records to transfer to the University Archives
Completed records disposition forms should be sent to the University Archives to be maintained as a permanent record.
Records not accepted by the University Archives include:
- Financial records such as check requisitions, monthly budget reports, petty cash records, etc.
- Student records
- Personnel records other than CVs