Stritch School of Medicine
The Stritch School of Medicine was established in 1909 as the Loyola University Department of Medicine. This occurred following the affiliation of the University and the Illinois Medical College. in 1910 Bennett Medical School purchased the Illinois Medical College and the Reliance Medical School. Bennett retained the IMC's affiliation with Loyola and became the department of Medicine. In 1917 Loyola purchased the Chicago College of Medicine and Surgery and combined it with Bennett, thus creating the Loyola School of Medicine.