CAPriCORN (PCORI Clinical Data Network)
Chicago Area Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Network
The Chicago Area Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Network (CAPriCORN) is a Chicago-area clinical data research network (CDRN) consisting of academic research institutions, clinicians, patients, and patient advocates. CAPriCORN is funded by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) and supports connectivity to the national (PCORnet) CDRN.
CAPriCORN connects expertise with the electronic health record data and clinical research to collaboratively answer critical health questions. CAPriCORN’s local CDRN has access to data from more than 10 million records which has been curated into a standardized data model. Participating CAPriCORN institutes include following:
- Alliance Chicago
- Cook County Health
- Edward Hines Jr. VA Hospital and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Loyola Medicine
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- NorthShore University Health System
- Northwestern Medicine
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Chicago
- University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
- Medical Research Analytics and Informatics Alliance
Resource available to the following users:
Use of CAPriCORN is available to all Loyola University Chicago faculty.
Requests for CAPriCORN data require:
- If needed, consult with Informatics and Clinical Research staff to review your study data needs and determine if needed data are readily available in current common data model.
- Process request through CAPriCORN “front door process".
- Requests for patient-level data for processed through CAPriCORN’s central IRB (CHAIRb).
Current CAPriCORN resources:
- CAPriCORN website
- Current “common data model” CDM reference document
- CAPriCORN activity targeting COVID-19