Loyola University Chicago

The Graduate School

Student Support Resources

Students on LUC's Lakeshore Campus Spring 2021


Student Resource Directories

Loyola University Chicago has many resources available to help ensure success for our Graduate, Professional and Adult Students. The resources in this directory are for all Graduate, Professional and Adult students across our three Chicagoland campuses (*unless otherwise noted). Although a resource may be housed at one campus, it is available to all. The format of this guide is very simple. Resources are categorized, followed by a brief explanation, with their website and telephone number. We hope you take advantage of the many resources Loyola University Chicago has ready for you.

Graduate, Professional & Adult Student Resource Directory

 Student Support for Concerns or Academic Grievances

  • Graduate student concerns related to academic disputes, including dismissal from a program as well as those that arise from matters involving scholarly competence and ethical scholarly behavior; thus, questions regarding evaluation of students, cheating on examinations, falsification or misrepresentation of research data and plagiarism should be addressed through the Graduate School’s Academic Grievance Policy.
  • Allegations of misconduct in the design, conduct or reporting of research supported by federal funds shall be handled through the procedures described in the university's policy concerning misconduct in scholarship published by the Office of University Research Services. 
  • Graduate student concerns about faculty or staff over fraud, abuse, and other misconduct or violations of University policy should be made online to the Ethics Line at luc.edu/ethicsline or by dialing 855-603-6988.
  • Graduate student reports or complaints alleging discrimination or harassment based on a protected-class status, sexual misconduct, or related retaliation concerns involving a staff member, a faculty member, or a student should be filed with the Office of Equity and Compliance
  • Graduate student reports or complaints of student misconduct or student behavior that violates the Community Standards should be filed with the Office of Student Conduct & Conflict Resolution.
  • A graduate student may have a concern about their relationship with a faculty member in an advising, mentorship, supervisory, or other role outside the classroom. Examples of these types of potential concerns include but are not limited to: lack of appropriate or correct guidance on completion of degree requirements; direct and indirect actions that result in an inappropriate delay of a student’s academic progress; failure to follow the Graduate School’s policies or procedures; unclear or inconsistent expectations regarding a student’s scholarly progress; a request for the performance of duties unrelated to academic progress; or a lack of availability to meet with a graduate student or a failure to provide a student with reasonably prompt responses to their questions and needs. Students with these types of concerns should follow the Procedure for Graduate Students with a Faculty Concern form.