Stritch School of Medicine
In 1909 the Illinois Medical College affiliated with Loyola University, becoming its first medical school. In 1910, the Bennett Medical College purchased the Illinois Medical College and the Reliance Medical School, combining all three schools into the new medical department of Loyola University. By 1915, following the Flexner Report, Loyola had assumed complete control of the medical department.
The second professional school at Loyola, the Medical School was the first school to allow women to enroll.