Graduation Application is required by the following dates
- Fall (December) graduation: August 1
- Spring (May) graduation: December 1
- Summer (August) graduation: February 1
Please read the following steps first and then complete them by initiating the Apply for Graduation process in LOCUS:
- Enter your expected graduation term and verify your degree. If your degree is not correctly identified, please contact the IPS Office immediately.
- Verify your Permanent Address as recorded in LOCUS. Your diploma will be mailed to your Permanent Address in LOCUS. Please verify that your Permanent Address in LOCUS is accurate. If you wish to have your diploma mailed to another address, please complete the Temporary Diploma Mailing Address form (PDF) and email if to email@example.com.
- Verify your Diploma Name. The name that will appear on your diploma will be your Primary Name recorded in LOCUS. If any changes are required, you are asked to enter those changes in LOCUS. If your Diploma Name differs significantly from your Primary Name, a notarized Name Change Request must be filed in the Office of Registration and Records. (For example, if you are adding or changing a Name - First, Middle, Last - or if you are adding a suffix such as Jr., Sr., I, II, III, etc., A Name Change Request must be completed.)
- Check LOCUS for any Holds that would delay the conferral of your diploma.
Remember: In preparation for the Final Degree Audit, go to LOCUS to verify that all transfer credits and Advanced Standing have been posted to your academic record.
IPS Students are asked to enter the following information in the Apply for Graduation process in LOCUS: Prior Education, including degree(s), date degree(s) conferred, institution(s) from which the degree was awarded.
You will be charged a $100 matriculation fee in your first semester of studies at IPS. This covers your graduation fee.
Degrees are conferred in May, August and December. However, there is only one commencement ceremony at the end of the spring semester.