The Institute of Pastoral Studies (IPS) offers six certificate programs. All certificate programs are accessible online with an exception to the Pastoral Counseling program which is only available on-site. Some of these programs provide practical skills and can be obtained without an advanced degree, while others require an advanced degree to support the additional scholarly study. Please see the individual descriptions for prerequisite requirements.
The certificate programs provide participants with the opportunity to pursue a concentrated series of courses in Pastoral Counseling, Spiritual Direction, Social Justice or Religious Education. In each of the advanced graduate certificate programs, students may substitute some courses for others, with the approval of the program director, in order to avoid redundancy or in order to create specialized professional focus.
- Church Management Certificate
- Pastoral Counseling Certificate *Available Only On-Site*
- Religious Education Certificate
- Social Justice Certificate
- Social Justice and Social Enterprise Certificate
- Spiritual Direction Certificate
- Certificate with Degree
- Pastoral Leadership Certificate
- Christian Spirituality Certificate