Study in Rome
The IPS Summer Rome program provides a unique opportunity to experience firsthand the historical, cultural, and spiritual benefits of the Eternal City and the Vatican. Led by faculty members with longstanding personal relationships with local academic and ecclesial leaders there, the program is designed for students of the IPS but is open to others. Participants are able to draw upon the invaluable resources of Loyola’s half-century presence running a campus for students of various ages and degree programs who choose to study in the Eternal City. International study scholarships and prorated payment plans make the cost feasible for full- and part-time IPS students. Often the richly diverse classes include non-degree seeking students interested in personal enrichment or those earning graduate degrees at other institutions as well.
Looking to make the most of your summer travels, while learning along the way? The IPS Rome program offers learning and cultural experiences that you can’t find in a classroom in Chicago. Join us one summer to:
- Complete a core course towards your degree
- Reconnect with your spirituality while living in the Eternal City, Rome
- Combine classroom lessons and adventures abroad
In addition to classes, students tour some of Rome's most famous landmarks and attractions, including the Colosseum, St. Peter's Square, and much more.
Upcoming IPS Summer Study Abroad Program June 18–28, 2019:
- IPS 402: Church and Mission
- IPS 599: Spirituality of Pilgrimage and the Contexts of Faith
To view Course Descriptions click Here
Please note the Registration for the 2019 Summer Program is closed.
- IPS students taking a course in Rome for credit: please register in Locus for IPS 402 or IPS 599 starting Feb 11 and pay the course tuition.
- IPS Auditing students, taking a course in Rome not for credit: register in Locus starting Feb 11 and pay the course tuition, also, fill out the COURSE AUDIT REQUEST form and submit it to the IPS Coordinator of Student Services @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students from other universities wishing to transfer credits to their institution need to complete the online application at https://gpem.luc.edu/apply/. The academic “program” is IPS Non-Degree. The academic term is Summer 2019. Statement of purpose and official transcripts are required. For more details, please contact IPS Enrolment Advisor @ email@example.com.
- Alumni and Individuals going to Rome not for credit or audit, please register at https://gpem.luc.edu/register/SummerRome2019
IPS students are also eligible to apply for the Rome Scholarship.
View the International_Study_Scholarship_Application for more details.
If you are looking for an agency to assist with booking flights, please refer to the contact below:
Harry S. Benjamin, MA,STL, SSL
President, Departure Point and Design Point
Travel divisions of The Shenandoah Travel Group, Inc
(DeparturePoint@aol.com) (703) 242-4203 or (800) 764-6836
If you have more questions, please contact your academic advisor.
2020 - IPS 599: Human Sexuality, Gender, and Feminist Voices across Cultures and IPS 532 Social Context of Ministry: Global Ecclesiology and Exclusion