Online Learning Hub
Welcome to online learning at the
Institute of Pastoral Studies (IPS) at Loyola University Chicago!
High-quality online learning is a constitutive component of graduate education for ministry at the IPS. Three IPS degree programs can be completed entirely online: the MA in Pastoral Studies, the MA in Christian Spirituality, and the Master of Divinity. Many IPS students take courses in both on-campus and online formats. Students may also take online classes on a non-degree basis for personal renewal and development, continuing education, sabbatical opportunities, or as a way to 'test the waters’ for further study at the IPS.
Are you ready for online learning?
- Whether you’re exploring the possibility or have enrolled in a new degree program, the first step is to visit Loyola’s Ready For Online page and complete the self-assessment instructional module: "Am I ready for online learning?”
Are you a new student at the IPS?
- If so, your next step is to complete Loyola’s Technology Roadmap. This four-step tutorial provides you with essential information, short videos, and PDF’s to introduce you to the technologies and services at Loyola.
- After completing the Technology Roadmap, please complete the IPS online New Student Orientation. This site can be accessed through Sakai with your Loyola Username and password.
Loyola also provides an array of support services for online students.
- Do you want to order books? Click here for the Water Tower Campus Bookstore. For instructions on how to order your books, please click on How_to_Order Books.
- Did you know you have full access to Loyola’s libraries as an online student? For information on how to use the libraries, see: Libraries Distance Education and Library Tools for Distance Education.
- IPS Specific Library Resources
And, in case you forget, here are some useful links for online students:
- LUC E-mail—Microsoft Exchange is Loyola’s platform for e-mail, calendars, and other collaboration tools. LUC faculty and staff will only use your LUC email address when corresponding with students. Please login frequently or forward your LUC mail to an address you use frequently.
- Password Self-Service—You will need your username and password to be able to access all University systems like LOCUS, Sakai, and more. First time users should click this link and click on “First Time Set Up." Use this link as well when you need to change your password or if it expires.
- If you have questions about any Loyola technology, after completing the Technology Roadmap, please visit our Technology Support site.
- If you run into a technical problem, please contact Loyola’s ITS Helpdesk first. They are very helpful!