**The deadline for issuing form 1095-C to employees is March 2, 2023. Loyola University Chicago will issue form 1095-C to employees no later than this date. The IRS clarifies that taxpayers do not need to wait until they receive a 1095-C form to file their tax return.**
- The University will provide the Form 1095-C document to employees and file copies with the IRS.
Employee and Employer Information - reports information about you and your employer
Employee Offer and Coverage - reports information about the coverage offered to you by your employer, the affordability of the coverage offered, and the reason why you were or were not offered coverage by your employer
Covered Individuals - reports information about the dependents covered under your self-insured health plan
Employers are required to provide the 1095-C to the following employees as part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act:
- Employees enrolled in the Loyola University Chicago PPO 1, PPO 2, or PPO 3 HSA Health Plan at any point in the tax year.
- Employees who worked an average of 30 or more hours per week or were considered a full-time employee in the tax year.
Only active employees may elect to receive the Form 1095-C document online. The electronic option allows you to receive and print your 1095-C document from Employee Self-Service and then send the form with your tax return.
- Faculty and staff can log in to Employee Self-Service to give consent by January 15
- Once consent is given, your 1095-C form will be available on Employee Self Service in an IRS-approved PDF no later than March 2, the IRS deadline.
- If an employee does not consent to the electronic option, the Form 1095-C document will be mailed to the current address on record no later than March 2, the IRS deadline.
- As a reminder, current active employees can update their address on file with Human Resources through Employee Self-Service.
If you are no longer an active Loyola employee, and you previously signed up for electronic delivery, a paper copy of your 1095-C will be mailed to the address on file with Human Resources no later than the IRS deadline.
Active employees may elect to receive the Form 1095-C document online. The electronic option allows you to receive and save / print your 1095-C document from Employee Self-Service.
- Federal regulations require employees give their consent to receive their Form 1095-C document in an electronic format
- Active faculty and staff can log in to Employee Self-Service to give consent by January 15
- Using any web browser, follow the following link to open the Employee Self-Service web page: https://ess.luc.edu Log in using your Loyola email address and password.
- Click on W-2/1095-C - > under the under My Delivery Settings, click on the Authorization Required link under 1095-Cs
- Continue through the instructions to consent to receive your 1095-C form in electronic format
- Once electronic consent is given, it carries forward each year and does not need to be repeated
- The 1095-C will be available on Employee Self-Service in an IRS-approved PDF no later than March 2, which is the IRS deadline.
The IRS will use the information reported on the Form 1095-C to determine health care coverage as required by the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
See the IRS website for more information about the Form 1095-C and how it affects your taxes. Go to https://www.irs.gov/affordable-care-act/individuals-and-families/individual-shared-responsibility-provision and review the section titled "Report Minimum Essential Coverage."
- Earlier access to the Form 1095-C.
- No possibility an employee's Form 1095-C might be lost, stolen, delayed or misplaced by the U.S. mail service or by the employee, once received.
- Access is available at the same easy-to-use, secure employee self-service website at which an employee can access his/her wages and paycheck information.
- Access can be attained even if the employee is not presently at his/her residence (for example, working at our Rome center or participating in a University study abroad program).
- It is not necessary for current active employees to request a duplicate of their Form 1095-C from Human Resources. Access to the current year Form 1095-C, as well as prior years (2015-present) are available through Employee Self-Service as long as the employee is actively employed by Loyola University Chicago. Opting in to receive your Form 1095-C electronically will give you immediate access to the current year Form 1095-C.
- Employees who have separated from Loyola University Chicago will have to request duplicate 1095-C forms from Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete and return the request form.