Health, Dental, Vision
- New employees have 31 days after the date of hire to enroll in the Blue Cross Blue Shield IL PPO, along with other benefits
- Current employees can make changes to their Blue Cross Blue Shield IL PPO enrollment during the Benefits Open Enrollment Period each fall or 31 days from the date of a qualifying life event (e.g. birth of a child)
- The plan does not require you to sign up with a particular hospital or physician when you enroll.
- Each time you need care, you can visit any doctor or hospital you choose, but you receive a higher level of benefits if you choose a home hospital or BCBSIL network provider.
- To find out if a particular hospital or physician is a part of the PPO network, contact BlueCross BlueShield Member Services at (866) 266-3674 or http://bcbsil.com/providers. You can search from this website by selecting "Plan Networks" and selecting Participating Provider Option [PPO]. You can search by state, zip code or address. If looking for a doctors at the Loyola Medical Center (Home Hospital) please search by the main hospital address or by zip code.
- MDLIVE doctors can diagnose your symptoms, prescribe medication, and send prescriptions to your pharmacy of choice.
- The virtual visit will only cost you $40. Plus, it allows you to connect with a doctor in the comfort of your home or office without needing a pre-scheduled appointment.
- Contact MDLIVE at MDLIVE.com/LUC, download the MDLIVE App from the App Store, Google Play or Windows Store or call 1-800-770-4622.
- Delta Dental PPO provides two levels of coverage as well as an option for out of network services.
- Delta Dental PPO participants are subject to annual deductible and benefit limitations based on the service level of the primary care dentist
- Guardian/First Commonwealth only operates in Northern Illinois/Chicagoland area and participants must choose a primary care dentist first, submit this information to Guardian and have an ID card with the dentist name in hand before services are rendered.
- There is no annual deductible and services rendered are not subject to maximum benefit limitations
Group ID: 00378516
- VSP provides comprehensive eye care benefits throughout the VSP network for routine services.
- VSP Membership
- No ID Card required or issued. Just provide your full name, date of birth and SSN to provider.
Employees and family members enrolled in our Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan are eligible for vision savings under our Eye Med and Davis Vision discount programs. The Eye Med and Davis network consists of national and regional retail stores as well as local eye doctors. Eligible savings include:
- Eye exams
- Eye glasses
- Contact lenses
- Laser Vision Correction
- If you need a new or additional card(s) at any time, contact Blue Cross Blue Shield IL directly at 866.266.3674 or bcbsil.com/member.
- Please provide the group number 200864 when requesting a Temp ID card or replacement card.
- Card(s) are issued in policy holder name only, and not in dependent names.
*Guardian 1st/Commonwealth is an HMO provider and requires the selection of a Primary Care Dentist for you and your dependents before an ID card is issued and you can seek services. Please visit the Guardian Anytime site and click on the “find a provider” link at the top and search using the DHMO option. Once you have made this selection(s) contact Guardian directly and provide them the full name of the provider and the PCDID for you and each dependent.
Delta Dental PPO
Group ID: 08450
Group ID: 00378516
Division ID: 0000 for HSD/SSOM Faculty and Staff
Division ID: 0002 for Loyola Lakeside Campuses (WTC and LSC) Faculty and Staff
* If you are enrolled in the Loyola Advantage PPO plan, you have coverage for annual eye exams through a Blue Cross Blue Shield IL PPO provider, Davis Vision. Visit the bcbsil.com site for Davis providers.
|Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- For more information about our religious exemption, and contraception coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield and the Affordable Care Act, please review: Loyola BCBSIL Religious Exemption
Prescription Drug Coverage is provided by your BCBSIL PPO medical insurance and prescriptions can be filled at various private and retail pharmacies.
- There is a separate co-pay and deductible associated with prescription drugs which is why we encourage the use of generic drugs when possible to avoid additional cost. However if you are on a specialty or brand name drug we encourage you to participate in our mail order program with PrimeMail.
PrimeMail by Walgreens Mail Service - Non-Specialty Mail Service Change
- Starting July 1, 2017, non-specialty drug mail order prescriptions will be filled by PrimeMail by Walgreens Mail Service.
- Members with a current non-specialty drug mail order prescription will not have to do anything until it is time to refill their prescription on or after July 1, 2017.
- Questions? Please review FAQs here or Visit Walgreens.com/PrimeMail.
- Prime Mail - Mail Order FAQs