Vaccine Recommendations and Requirements
Loyola University Chicago is committed to creating and supporting a healthy and safe campus experience for everyone. Given the medical efficacy of the COVID-19 and Influenza vaccines and boosters, they are highly recommended for ALL Faculty & Staff.
In concert with our healthcare partner Loyola Medicine’s requirement, full-time and part-time Faculty and Staff that are based at the Health Sciences Campus are required to complete the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine and an annual influenza vaccine.
Qualified Medical and Religious Vaccine Exemptions
An exemption request is contingent upon review & approval, and University decisions are final. Additionally, if an exemption is not granted, the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine and an annual influenza vaccine is required. A Request for Vaccination Exemption Form should be completed, and submitted along with the appropriate documents supporting a medical or religious exemption to EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.
- Medical Exemptions must meet CDC-defined contraindications specifically for the vaccine. You will need to submit medical certification from your healthcare provider as identified in the Request for Vaccine Exemption Form.
- As a private institution, Loyola reserves the right to comprehensively evaluate religious exemption requests, which requires a signed written statement from the employee that should be included with your Request for Vaccine Exemption. Additionally, as required by the State of Illinois, the request must include a response to each item below:
- An explanation of the reason for exemption in your own words.
- A description of the religious principle that guides your objection.
- An indication of whether this religious belief constitutes an objection to all immunizations or only this vaccine; if it is not an objection to all immunizations you must explain the religious basis for not receiving this particular immunization.
Once you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination information must be submitted or via the Loyola Health function of the Loyola mobile app.
If you have a question about Loyola’s Vaccine Requirements for Employees, including inquiries about a qualified exemption, please email EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.
Faculty and Staff that have been diagnosed with COVID-19 should remain at home for at least five days along with isolating yourself from others in your home. If you must be around others, you should wear a high-quality mask, avoid traveling to places where a mask cannot be worn, and not share personal household items (i.e., cups, utensils). More information about self-care, ending isolation, and preventing the spread of the virus is available online.
For medical guidance about a COVID-19 diagnosis or exposure, contact your healthcare provider.
Please note, Faculty and Staff covered by a Loyola Medical Plan, are encouraged to review COVID-19 website for information about COVID-19 testing kits, treatment, and vaccination.