Vaccine Recommendations and Requirements
Loyola University Chicago is committed to creating and supporting a healthy and safe campus experience for everyone. Given the medical efficacy of the COVID-19 and Influenza vaccines and boosters, they are highly recommended for ALL Faculty & Staff.
In concert with our healthcare partner Loyola Medicine’s requirement, full-time and part-time Faculty and Staff that are based at the Health Sciences Campus are required to complete the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine and an annual influenza vaccine.
Qualified Medical and Religious Vaccine Exemptions
An exemption request is contingent upon review & approval, and University decisions are final. Additionally, if an exemption is not granted, the primary series of the COVID-19 vaccine and an annual influenza vaccine is required. A Request for Vaccination Exemption Form should be completed, and submitted along with the appropriate documents supporting a medical or religious exemption to EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.
- Medical Exemptions must meet CDC-defined contraindications specifically for the vaccine. You will need to submit medical certification from your healthcare provider as identified in the Request for Vaccine Exemption Form.
- As a private institution, Loyola reserves the right to comprehensively evaluate religious exemption requests, which requires a signed written statement from the employee that should be included with your Request for Vaccine Exemption. Additionally, as required by the State of Illinois, the request must include a response to each item below:
- An explanation of the reason for exemption in your own words.
- A description of the religious principle that guides your objection.
- An indication of whether this religious belief constitutes an objection to all immunizations or only this vaccine; if it is not an objection to all immunizations you must explain the religious basis for not receiving this particular immunization
If you need to receive the original COVID-19 vaccination, numerous locations are available across the Chicagoland area. Explore more information online to sign-up for an appointment. In addition, learn about flu vaccines that may be available in Chicago.
Once you are vaccinated, proof of vaccination information must be submitted online or via the Loyola Health function of the Loyola mobile app.
If you have a question about Loyola’s Vaccine Requirements for Employees, including inquiries about a qualified exemption, please email EmployeeImmunizations@luc.edu.