Mental Health Support/Resources
Mental health is important. If you or someone that you are caring for are in need of mental health and wellness support, please utilize your Loyola Aetna medical plan, which covers you and your family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services, including substance use treatment. The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call or text 988 to reach the 988 Lifeline. Additionally, you and your family can use utilize the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) free of charge at 800.456.6327 or First Stop Health (FSH) Virtual Counseling free of charge at 888-691-7867. Additional information on these resources are provided below.
- Aetna Medical Plan
Your Aetna medical plan provides coverage to you and covered family members for both inpatient and outpatient mental health services and substance use treatment. You can locate behavioral health professionals who specialize in mental illness, addiction and other conditions such as anxiety, depression, stress, etc., by contacting the Aetna Concierge Line (Monday to Friday, 8:00AM - 6:00PM CST): 855.586.6958 or access the Aetna online portal to search for a provider. Enter your ZIP code, select the number of miles you wish to search, and click "Search." Then you will be able to choose from a variety of categories of health care providers and facilities.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This program is offered at no cost through Perspectives, Ltd. and is available to all employees and their families. Assessment, referral, and short-term counseling services are provided at no cost. If a referral includes ongoing counseling for mental health or substance use, Perspectives will help coordinate the referral with insurance, as appropriate. EAP Appointments by Phone: To schedule an individual appointment with one of Perspectives' licensed professionals, call 800.456.6327. Perspectives schedules appointments weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and has 24-hour/7-day-a-week emergency services. EAP Online Resources: To access Perspectives online, please go to www.perspectivesltd.com
EAP Online Resources
To access Perspectives online, please go to www.perspectivesltd.com to create a new account. Here are the steps:
- Select Portal Login at the top of the website. Choose "Member Login" and select "Sign-up" to create a new account.
- Add the Company/Student Code: LOY500
- Enter your email address
- Create a new password and select "Sign Up."
Additionally, explore the Perspectives-Portal Flyer with Access Code to browse benefits and learn about requesting services.
- First Stop Health (FSH) is a virtual mental health resource, and provides support for mental well-being anytime, anywhere. This resource offers Loyola benefits-eligible faculty and staff, and their family members 24/7 access to short-term, solution-focused counseling via app, web or phone. Plus, there is zero cost for faculty/staff and their family members to access this care. Use the FSH mobile app, online, or call 888-691-7867 to request your counseling visit. Scheduled visits take place Monday thru Friday, between 8:00AM and 8:00PM. Visits can be completed by phone or video. Up to 7 immediate family members are also eligible to use the service.
- Teladoc, Mental Health Care with a therapist or psychiatrist is available by online video, mobile app, or phone – seven days a week (7:00AM - 9:00PM local time). Therapy visits are $0-85. Psychiatry visits are $0-190. Set up your Teladoc account to see pricing. Teladoc.com/Aetna | 1.855.TELADOC (835.2362) | or use the Teladoc smartphone app.
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is confidential, and available 24/7, to connect those experiencing a mental health, substance use, or suicidal crisis with trained crisis counselors. Call or text 988 to reach the 988 Lifeline. 988Lifeline.org.