Loyola University Chicago provides a single vision plan option, Vision Service Plan (VSP).
- VSP provides comprehensive eye care benefits throughout the VSP network for routine services.
- No ID Card is required or issued. Just provide your full name, date of birth, and SSN to your provider.
Vision Service Plan (VSP)
BCBSIL Blue365 Vision Discounts
Employees and family members enrolled in our Blue Cross Blue Shield medical plan are eligible for vision savings under our Eye Med and Davis Vision discount programs. The Eye Med and Davis network consists of national and regional retail stores as well as local eye doctors. Eligible savings include:
- Eye exams
- Eye glasses
- Contact lenses
- Laser Vision Correction
You can learn more about these discounts by visiting blue365deals.com/bcbsil
and using your BCBS ID number to register. For more information, please review the Blue365 Discounts Flyer (or the Benefits Booklet), located in the Resources
section (upper right).
Vision Service Plan (VSP) is Loyola's only vision insurance option. If you elect medical coverage through a Loyola PPO plan, you are eligible for some benefits through Davis Vision and EyeMed via Blue Cross Blue Shield:
|With this plan, you may use any provider, but you will receive a higher level of benefits if you choose a VSP network provider, and you won’t have to file claims. If you choose an out-of-network provider, you pay the provider, and file a claim with VSP for reimbursement.
||If you are enrolled in a Loyola medical plan option, you have coverage for annual eye exams through a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO provider, Davis Vision/Eyemed.
|VSP offers discounts on PRK, LASIK and Custom LASIK surgeries through many of the nation’s finest laser surgery facilities and doctors. Additional plan features include the following:
- You can receive 20% savings on additional pairs of prescription glasses and sunglasses purchased from any VSP doctor within 12 months of your last eye exam.
- You will also save up to 30% on lens extras such as scratch-resistant and anti-reflective coatings, and progressives.
- If your eye doctor visit includes a contact lens exam, there will be a copay of up to $60 of the contact lens exam (separate from eye exam copay).
- Current soft contact lens wearers may qualify for a special contact lens program that includes an evaluation and an initial supply of replacement lenses. Ask your VSP doctor or visit www.vsp.com.
- VSP has added more retail chain providers such as Costco and Visionworks to give you more service options and locations from which to choose.
To learn more or to find a VSP network doctor, call VSP Member Services at 800-877-7195 or go to www.vsp.com.
You can receive discounts on vision hardware through a Blue Cross Blue Shield partnership with Davis Vision/EyeMed.
For more information, please review the Davis Vision Flyer.
- View your benefit information and eligible services
- Print a member ID card (not required for visits, but great for card holders!)
- Find an eye care provider near you, including Premier Program locations where you'll get the most out of your benefits
- Browse exclusive member extras to save you money
for info on how to keep your eyes healthy and maximize your vision benefits.
If you enroll in the VSP plan, and if your optometrist or ophthalmologist is a Davis Vision provider, or if you use a Davis Vision provider for products and services, present your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) ID card to compare discounts on frames, lenses, and contact lenses to determine which plan offers the better value.
- Davis Vision discounts are available only at Davis Vision providers.
Vision Service Plan (VSP) does not issue or require ID cards. Please inquire with the provider (vsp.com
) to find a provider.
NOTE: If you are enrolled in a Loyola medical plan option, a routine vision exam is covered at 100% through the medical plan at BCBSIL PPO
providers. Loyola Advantage PPO plan participants can receive discounted
hardware/lenses at EyeMed and Davis Vision providers; fees may vary by BCBSIL providers. See www.blue365deals.com/BCBSIL
for more details.