The 2019 Wellness Program offers incentives to help you reach optimum health. Earn periodic Wellness Rewards—bonus money in your paychecks for every period that you complete the requirements. You can earn up to $300 annually ($75 per period) if you earn 125 points by the period deadline. The Wellness Program is open to all benefit-eligible employees, even if you do not have health insurance through Loyola.
Health Maintenance Institute (HMI)
- On a periodic basis, 125 wellness points can be entered on the Health Maintenance Institute (HMI) website in order to earn a $75 wellness reward in your paycheck
- Check out ways to earn wellness points: Wellness Program Activity Options
- Wellness rewards are taxable income.
Benefit-eligible faculty and staff do not have to be enrolled in a Loyola health insurance plan in order to be eligible to earn a $75 wellness reward in your paycheck
- Wellness rewards are taxable income.
- Be a benefit-eligible employee
- Register with the Health Maintenance Institute (HMI)
- Log in at myhmihealth.com
- The site code is L773
- Returning Users: If you participated in the wellness screening in the past, please log in with the same username and password you created.
- You must earn 125 points each period from actions taken for good health in order to receive the reward. These points must be logged during the period in which the activity took place. See "Recording Points - Due Dates" below.
- Wellness rewards are taxable income
- Participate in a Wellness Challenge – 50 pts
- Participate in a Wellness Event (i.e. wellness presentations, events through EMERGE, meditation class, healthy cooking demonstration, etc.) – 20 pts
- Participate in a Community Event - (i.e. 5K walking event, attending a wellness fair, Loyola-sponsored community service, or serving at food pantry, etc.) – 20 pts
- Drink 6-8 Glasses of Pure Water per Day – 1 pt per day
- Regular Volunteering – 5 pts per volunteering activity
- Receive a Preventive Exam (i.e. dental exam, eye exam, mammogram, etc.) – 10 pts
- Complete E-Learning Lessons (www.myhmihealth.com) all found on the HMI website – 10 pts
- Healthy Activity (i.e. running, walking, yoga, dancing, weight lifting, etc.) – 5 pts per hour
- Participate in a Financial Wellness program through Loyola University Chicago's EMERGE program – 20 pts
- Please see the Eligible EMERGE Courses section below for more information on eligible classes.
Fiscal Year 2020
- Deadline 1: Earn at least 125 points from September 1 - November 30, 2019
- Deadline 2: Earn at least 125 points from December 1 - February 29, 2020
- Deadline 3: Earn at least 125 points from March 1 - May 31, 2020
- Deadline 4: Earn at least 125 points from June 1 - August 31, 2020
*Wellness Program participants are not allowed to add activities completed during a different period to the current period's point(s) total.
For example, if a participant takes part in a Wellness Challenge during February 2019 (worth 50 points), they cannot enter the Wellness Challenge information during the month of April 2019, since April is part of a different period.
- Appreciating Diversity
- Biometric Results - Next Steps
- Money Matters
- Pay Yourself First
- Project Management - Introduction
- Responsible Communication
- Annual physicals
- Breast exams/mammograms
- Prostate exams
- STI testing
- Smoking cessation
- Obesity screening and counseling
- Pap smears
- Domestic violence screening and counseling
- Screenings for diabetes and other lab procedures
- Please keep in mind that if any diagnoses are made during the wellness exam, the wellness exam is no longer covered at 100%
- For more information on wellness exams and exams covered at 100%, please review the Benefits Booklet located in the Resources section (upper right) or contact Blue Cross Blue Shield
You may also sign up at a participating gym through the Well onTarget program and receive discounted memberships
To log in, visit Well onTarget at www.wellontarget.com