Faculty and Staff Directory
- Ph.D., Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Community Counseling
- Counseling Psychology
- School Counseling
- Career development and vocational psychology
- Psychotherapy and supervision science
- Measurement and counseling in the international context
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Psychological Association
- Division 17: Society of Counseling Psychology
- Division 29: Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy
- Division 52: Division of International Psychology
- CPSY 424 Career Development and Counseling
- CPSY 450 Research in Counseling
- CPSY 423 Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- CPSY 532 Advanced Theories of Psychotherapy
- CPSY 528 Diagnostic Appraisal and Treatment Planning
- Faculty Award, Association of Chinese Helping Professionals and Psychologists-International (ACHPPI), 2018
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award, The Council of Counseling Psychology Training Programs (CCPTP), 2017
- Diversity Award, Annual Student Paper Competitions, Society for the Advancement of Psychotherapy (Division 29), American Psychological Association, 2017
- Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award, The Section of Promotion of Psychotherapy Science, Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17), American Psychological Associatio , 2016
- Graduate Student Outstanding Research Award, The International Section, Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17), American Psychological Association. 2016
- Graduate Education Travel Award, Graduate Education, Arizona State University, 2016
- Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, Department of Education, People’s Republic of China, 2016
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship Award, Graduate Education, Arizona State University, 2015
- APA Student Travel Award, American Psychological Association, 2015
- Graduate Student Research Award, The Society for Vocational Psychology, Society of Counseling Psychology (Division 17), American Psychological Association, 2014
- Xu, H., & *Adams, P. (in press). Ambiguity Aversion in Career Decision-Making: Its Longitudinal Prediction for College Career Outcomes. Journal of Counseling Psychology.
- Xu, H. (in press). Big Five Personality Traits and Ambiguity Management in Career Decision Making. Career Development Quarterly.
- Xu, H. (in press). Development and Initial Validation of the Constructivist Beliefs in the Career Decision-Making Scale. Journal of Career Assessment.
- Xu, H. (in press). The Ripple Prediction of Ambiguity Aversion in Career Decision-Making. Journal of Counseling Psychology.
- Xu, H. (in press). Career Indecision Profile-Short: Reliability and Validity Among Employees and Measurement Invariance Across Students and Employees. Journal of Career Assessment.
- Xu, H., & *Bhang, C.H. (2019). The Structure and Measurement of Career Indecision: A Critical Review. Career Development Quarterly, 67, 2-20.
- Xu, H., & Tracey, T. J. G. (2017). Development of an Abbreviated Career Indecision Profile-65 Using Item Response Theory: The CIP-Short. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62, 351-359. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/cou0000182
- Xu, H., & Tracey, T. J. G. (2016). Cultural Congruence with Psychotherapy Efficacy: A Network Meta-Analytic Examination in China. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 63, 359-365. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/cou0000145
- Xu, H., Hou, Z., Tracey, T. J. G., & Zhang, X. (2016). Variations of career decision ambiguity tolerance between China and the United States and between high school and college. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 93, 120-128. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.2016.01.007
- Xu, H., & Tracey, T. J. G. (2015). Reciprocal Influence Model of Working Alliance and Therapeutic Outcome over Individual Therapy Course. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 62, 351-359. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/cou0000089
- Xu, H., & Tracey, T. J. G. (2015). Career Decision Ambiguity Tolerance Scale: Construction and Initial Validations. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 88, 1-9. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvb.201501.006