Students in this program will apply their quantitative, computing and biological knowledge to problems in biomedical research, statistical genetics, and bioinformatics. The Biostatistics Minor will be especially attractive to pre-med students wishing to emphasize their quantitative skills and to distinguish themselves in the medical school applications. Students with biostatistical training are in high demand in a wide array of fields such as medical research, technology companies, pharmaceuticals, genetics, public health, and epidemiology to name a few.
- One year of Calculus (Math 161 & Math 162 or Math 131 & Math 132)
- One year of Biology including labs (Biol 101, 111, 102, 112)
- Introduction to Biostatistics (Stat 335)
- Advanced Biostatistics (Stat 336)
- Any one of the following: