Loyola Prescription (Rx) Plan
CVS Caremark manages your prescription benefits just like Aetna manages your medical benefits. Outpatient prescriptions (mail order and specialty) must be filled through CVS Caremark. Retail pharmacy prescriptions can be filled at most retail pharmacy locations including: CVS, Walgreens, Target, Walmart, and many more participating pharmacies.
- Please note, if you take a specialty medication you must transfer your prescription to CVS Specialty. Simply ask your doctor to send your prescription to CVS Specialty by calling 800.237.2767, e-prescribing, or faxing the request to 800.323.2445. For a list of specialty medications please visit https://www.cvsspecialty.com/wps/portal/specialty/patients/registration.
- **PrudentRx - If you are enrolled in the PPO 1 or PPO 2 plans, these plans include PrudentRx for certain specialty medications. PrudentRx is designed to lower out-of-pocket costs by facilitating enrollment in drug manufacturers discount co-pay cards / assistance programs. PPO 1 or PPO 2 participants will be contacted by CVS directly to enroll in PrudentRx at the time of their first specialty fill.
- If you enroll in PPO 3 HSA, the medical and prescription drug has a combined deductible. Certain preventive generic drugs may be covered before meeting the deductible. Review the Preventive Therapy Drug List for more information.
- For CVS Caremark Mail Order Information visit com/mailservice or by phone - call the number on your CVS Caremark member ID card.
- For additional information, please visit caremark.com.
You will generally pay more for short-term (34 days or fewer) prescriptions that are not filled at a CVS Caremark retail network pharmacy. Short-term prescriptions can be filled at a network pharmacy.
- Ask for generics first. Generic drugs can cost up to 80 percent less than brand-name drugs.
- Remember the preferred drug list. If a generic drug isn't available, ask your doctor to prescribe a drug on your plan's preferred drug list, if appropriate. You will pay more for a brand-name medication not on the preferred list.
- Order 90-day supplies of long-term medications to save money. Sign up for CVS Caremark Mail Service to enjoy the convenience of having your medication shipped directly to you at no additional cost.
- Fill short-term prescriptions at a network pharmacy. You will generally pay more for short-term (34 days or fewer) prescriptions that are not filled at a CVS Caremark retail network pharmacy.
- Two Easy Ways to Get Started
- Online – visit caremark.com/mailservice, or
- By Phone - call the number on your CVS Caremark member ID card for live help getting set up.
*Be sure to have a prescription bottle in hand; all the information needed to get started is on the label.
If you are enrolled in the PPO 1 or PPO 2 plans, these plans include PrudentRx for certain specialty medications. PrudentRx is designed to lower out-of-pocket costs by facilitating enrollment in drug manufacturers discount co-pay cards / assistance programs. When enrolled in PrudentRx, your out-of-pocket cost will be $0 for certain medication included on the PrudentRx Specialty Drug List . This list is updated quarterly. PPO 1 or PPO 2 participants will be contacted by CVS directly to enroll in PrudentRx at the time of their first specialty fill. You must complete any additional enrollment steps outlined by CVS to receive the $0 benefit. Please note, if you opt out, you will be responsible for the coinsurance % and only the amount you pay out-of-pocket will apply towards the deductible / out of pocket maximum.
- Formulary exclusions will supersede the PrudentRx specialty drug list. If a participant’s specialty medication is not on the PrudentRx list, then the preferred brand formulary and speciality formulary or the non-preferred brand formulary and non-speciality formulary plan design will apply.
- For a list of covered contraceptives, please refer to the Preventive Care Contraceptive Drug List.
- Contact 888.924.8738 to enroll in the Contraceptives Coverage through CVS Caremark and receive your separate ID card. The RX bin # is: 004336 and the Group # is: RX3923.
Note: Medical services for contraceptives are covered separately through Aetna. In order to obtain contraceptive medical services (contraceptive counseling services/office visits, medical procedures for contraceptive services such as contraceptive device implantation and removal, voluntary sterilization (both inpatient and outpatient), and contraceptive devices such as IUDs, implants, diaphragms, and cervical caps), you will need to request and obtain a Contraceptive Services Payment Program ID card from Aetna. Visit the Birth Control Coverage - Religious Employer Exemption section of the Health Insurance page for more information.
Diabetic Accu-Chek® blood glucose meters offered through CVS Caremark are compatible with the formulary test strips, and they are available at no charge through the free diabetic meter program. Please see the Diabetic Meter Program flyer for additional information or learn about tools and resources to help you manage your diabetes.
CVS Pharmacy offers prescription delivery within hours in addition to their 1-2 day prescription delivery service available nationwide. The service, delivered by Shipt, a leading same-day delivery marketplace, is available at 6,000 CVS Pharmacy locations across the country, giving you a faster and even more convenient way to get your prescriptions.
Through CVS Pharmacy's delivery offering, the majority of CVS Pharmacy stores across the country are able to offer same-day delivery of eligible prescriptions. When a medication has been filled and is ready for pickup, you can opt to have your medication(s) delivered within hours. You simply select On-Demand prescription delivery service via the CVS Pharmacy app, through SMS text, or by calling your local CVS Pharmacy. The delivery service charge is $7.99 and the packages will be delivered by Shipt.
Along with eligible prescriptions, thousands of the most popular health and household items carried by CVS Pharmacy, including cold and flu remedies, allergy medications, pain relief, first aid, digestive health, vitamins, baby, personal and feminine care products, can be added to delivery orders.
If you don't need your prescription(s) as quickly, or if you are looking for a lower cost delivery option, you can select 1-2 day delivery for a reduced fee of $4.99.