Smoking Cessation Resources
- Alternatively, feel free to review each of the options listed below in a printer-friendly version: Smoking Cessation Programs and Resources
- Current evidence is used to provide education on the physical and social consequences
of tobacco use, principles of addiction, treatment options, and tobacco-related health
- Behavioral in nature, you’ll get solid, practical action steps, from creating your own
quitting plan to relapse prevention. You will have access to numerous calculators,
trackers, tools, and educational materials to support you in your efforts.
Get started at www.wellontarget.com. From the menu, choose Self-management Programs. Scroll to Quitting Tobacco, and click the Get Started button.
*BCBSIL’s program is only available to participants enrolled in one of Loyola University Chicago’s medical plan options.
Medicine and products for quitting smoking or chewing tobacco are considered no-cost preventive services. For a list of covered products, please refer to the No-Cost Preventive Care List at www.caremark.com.
Note: Your doctor must write a prescription for these preventive services to be covered by your plan, even if they are listed as over-the-counter.
- Username: LOY500
- Password: perspectives
Once you are logged into the Perspectives website, please select “Health,” and choose “Smoking” in order to access a number of smoking cessation videos and articles, including a 55 days to quitting program.
Licensed professionals are available for appointments on weekdays from 8:00AM to 6:00PM. In addition, Perspectives offers 24-hour/7-days-a-week emergency services.
- Information about starting a Quit Plan today
- Material about managing your cravings
- An option to sign up in order to receive free 24/7 smoking cessation assistance texted to your mobile phone.
- Counselors are on call 7 days a week from 7:00AM – 11:00PM to provide the support you need to break the habit!