The rules are constantly evolving. Stay ahead of the changes.
The role of regulatory compliance is a major feature of today's business landscape. Our curriculum is focused on current real world business and legal issues, including more than 40 compliance courses taught by respected academics and practitioners in the field. You'll develop the skills you need to explore and create ethical solutions within a business and regulatory context. The Certificate in Compliance Studies (available to students in the JD, MJ in Health Law, and LLM in Health Law programs) will enhance your credentials and expertise.
The Certificate in Compliance Studies requires coursework and, for MJ and LLM students, a completed final program project on an approved compliance topic.
To be eligible for the Certificate, you must complete at least 15 credit hours of compliance coursework, including required courses and must earn an average grade of B or better in your compliance coursework.
You must take either
- Corporate Compliance
- Health Care Compliance
For JD students, 13 elective credit hours are required
For MJ and LLM students, 9 elective credit hours are required
- Administrative Law and Health Care Regulation
- Advanced Health Care Compliance
- Case Studies in Compliance
- Clinical Research Compliance
- Compliance Seminar Series
- Compliance Training Methods
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Corporate Transactions in Health Law (Campus)
- Drafting Policies and Procedures
- Enterprise Risk Management
- EU Privacy Law
- Financial Institution Regulation
- Food and Drug Law
- Food and Drug Law (Campus)
- Fraud and Abuse-Stark Intensive
- Global Compliance
- Governance, Ethics, and Compliance
- Introduction to Health Care Financing
- Introduction to Health Care Financing (Campus)
- Health Care Payment and Policy (Campus)
- Health Care Payment and Policy
- Health Care Privacy and Security
- Health Care Regulation and Policy
- Health Insurance and Health Care Regulation
- Human Subjects Protection
- International Business Law
- International Business Transactions (Campus)
- Introduction to Health Law (Campus)
- Introduction to Health Law and Policy
- Medical Record Billing and Coding
- Physician Regulation and Practice Management
- Privacy and Security of Corporate Information
- Privacy Breach Incident Management and Reporting
- Privacy Program Management
- Risk Management, Patient Safety, and Quality (Campus Version Only)
- Securities Regulation
- Securities Regulation (Campus)
- Securities Regulation for Lawyers
- The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
*All courses are online courses unless otherwise designated. Each term select online courses in compliance are available to JD students and may be taken and applied toward the elective course requirement.
Thesis Project Courses (for MJ and LLM students only)
Final Program Project (for MJ and LLM students only)
- MJ or LLM Thesis Project Part I
- MJ or LLM Thesis Project Part II
The focus of your final program project must be on a compliance topic.
Applying for your Certificate
After completion of all requirements, you must complete an online application for the Certificate in Compliance Studies. Your submitted application will be reviewed by the Center for Online Programs Associate Director, who will then submit the application to the Registrar.
To sit for CCB compliance examinations, you must also request a CCB eligibility letter. You must email email@example.com after receiving all final course grades to request a CCB eligibility letter. For more information on compliance examinations through the CCB, see the webpage for your interest area - healthcare, corporate.