The MetLife Group Legal Services Plan provides employees and their families with access to a network of participating attorneys who can provide a wide range of professional legal services. The monthly premium is $15 and includes a variety of resources available to members. Plan attorneys have met stringent selection criteria, and have an average of 16+ years of legal experience. Assistance includes:
- Consultation on the telephone or in person
- Document preparation
- Representation in many frequently necessary legal matters
Please take time to look at the various resources Met Life Legal has to offer (please see the attachments for the two bullets below):
- Plan attorneys are generally available to meet with you on weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays.
- There are limitations to this plan.
- Certain areas are not covered by the plan, and there is no obligation to provide legal service benefits in any matter deemed frivolous, harassing, or in contravention of the rules of ethical conduct by governing attorneys
- To enroll you must do so via Employee Self Service. You are eligible to enroll as a new hire, during open enrollment or if you experience a qualifying life event.
- If you are already a member, please click on "Member Login" and follow the instructions to login. If you have never created an account before you can do so with a personal email address and a password you create. During the enrollment process you will need to select Loyola University Chicago as your employer. Enrolling unlocks additional resources for members.
- If you have trouble accessing your account or need additional information you can contact MetLife Legal to speak with a representative at 800 - 821 -6400, 7:00AM – 7:00PM CST, Monday - Friday.
The MetLife Legal benefit is portable. If you leave the University, you must contact MetLife Legal Services within 30 days of your last day of employment. MetLife Legal will give you details on plan continuation. You can also view the MetLife Legal Portability Procedures for more information on the portability process.