Human Resources Role
- Human Resources will assist with the initial screening of applicants either directly or by helping the department establish a pre-screening process. Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications that have been specified in the job description to become a candidate for the position. In some cases, this may be an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Once it is determined that an applicant meets the minimum qualifications, further review and consideration may begin.
Hiring Department's Role
- The department’s hiring manager will work with HR to screen applicant’s resumes focusing on education requirements, skills and depth of experience required to perform the duties of the position.
- The hiring department’s manager may further screen the pool of applicants.
- A selection of applicants will be made based on who are the best matches for the position.
- Next the department may conduct a phone pre-screen of applicants to gain more information on skills and depth of experience, and share the specific duties of the open position, salary ranges and review benefits to insure both parties wish to move forward.