Loyola University > School of Law > Current Students > Resources > Events > Events Directory > Beazley Symposium on Health Care Law and Policy
Beazley Symposium on Health Care Law and Policy
16th Annual Health Law Symposium: Evolution and Innovation in the Health Care Payment Landscape
Presented in conjunction with Annals of Health Law & Life Sciences
Friday, November 11, 2022
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Register here for the Health Law Symposium!
About the Symposium
This year's Symposium will explore the evolution of health care payment, with a particular emphasis on novel payment options. The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed significant fragmentation within the American health care system, particularly in the context of health care payment; this, in turn, can have a significant impact on the effective and efficient delivery of care. It is well recognized that the cost of health care has become increasingly unaffordable for many patients, adversely affecting their ability to access needed health services. At the same time, payment structures have significant consequences for individual health care providers as well as institutional stakeholders like health care systems, facilities, insurers, and pharmaceutical companies.
This Year's Speakers:
- Keynote: Priya Bathija, MHSA, JD
- Jack Rovner, Health Law Consultancy
- Anthony Del Rio, Kirkland and Ellis LLP
- Jackson Williams, Dialysis Patient Citizens
- Jessica Mantel, University of Houston Law Center
- Christopher Robertson, Boston University School of Law
- Wendy Netter Epstein, DePaul University College of Law
- Zack Buck, University of Tennessee College of Law
- Kathy Roe, Health Law Consultancy
- Jennifer Safstrom, Visiting Assistant Clinical Professor at Vanderbilt Law’s First Amendment Clinic
- Jaqueline Safstrom, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, MPH
- Thaddeus Mason Pope, Mitchell Hamline School of Law
- Barak Richman, Duke University School of Law
- David Orentlicher, UNLV Health Law Program
About About Annals of Health Law & Life Sciences
Twice yearly (Winter and Summer) the Beazley Institute for Health Law and Policy publishes Annals of Health Law & Life Sciences, The Health Policy and Law Review of Loyola University Chicago. Annals contains articles of general interest in health law, which are deemed by the editors to make a contribution to the teaching, practice, and/or public policy surrounding health law. Past volumes have focused on corporate, regulatory, bioethical, and pharmaceutical issues, as well as patient rights and advocacy. Through this publication, health law students are afforded the opportunity to edit a law review article.
Advance Directive is an online publication of Annals of Health Law & Life Sciences, which is also published twice yearly (Fall and Spring). Similar to Annals, Advance Directive publishes articles that provide insight into the divergent areas of health law. Advance Directive allows health law students to write short articles regarding current health law topics, which are often at the crux of debate amongst legislators, practitioners, and academics.