Panopto is a lecture capture software that allows the user to include video, audio, screen capture, and slides into a recording. All Loyola faculty, staff, and students have the ability to create and share recordings in Panopto. Panopto is not limited to, but can be used in the following ways:
- Record in-person class sessions, using a video-equipped classroom
- Pre-record lectures to "flip the classroom"
- Pre-record lectures for online classes
- Have students create a recording for an assignment
- Upload audio or video files to share files with other users
- Create and share video tutorials
Users can access Panopto through Sakai course sites or by going to https://luc.hosted.panopto.com (login with Sakai username and password).
Panopto 10 Upgrade
The latest version of Panopto includes several new and improved features:
- Tags — Panopto’s video library has a new way to support content organization and discovery: #tags. Users can now add tags to their recordings from the video settings, the editor, or in Panopto Capture .
- Smart Chapters — The new Smart Chapters tool automatically creates a table of contents for any recording with a screen capture, including recordings from Zoom.
- Delete Streams in the Editor — Users can now delete or replace video streams in the editor allowing for greater flexibility in making changes to recordings.
- Share interesting points in a video — This feature enables viewers to easily share a link to a specific point in the video with others while watching the recording.
- Audio Normalization — Users can now make audio levels consistent throughout their recordings with the audio normalization feature in the editor.
For full details, please access the Panopto 10 Release Notes.
Instructional Technology & Research Support (ITRS) will be hosting a series of live training sessions for faculty. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each session has a unique registration link.
What's New in Panopto 10?
Thursday, February 25th, 1:00-2:00pm CST
The following self-help resources and FAQ sections are organized by faculty and students and are designed to get you started with using Panopto.
Panopto Support offers an extensive collection of documentation and video tutorials. For questions or to request assistance with Panopto, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 775-508-4487. For self-service, please access the ITS Self-Service Portal.