Panopto is a lecture capture software that allows the user to include video, audio, screen capture, and slides into a recording. All Loyola faculty, staff, and students have the ability to create and share recordings in Panopto. Panopto is not limited to, but can be used in the following ways:
- Record in-person class sessions, using a video-equipped classroom
- Pre-record lectures to "flip the classroom"
- Pre-record lectures for online classes
- Have students create a recording for an assignment
- Upload audio or video files to share files with other users
- Create and share video tutorials
Users can access Panopto through Sakai course sites or by going to https://luc.hosted.panopto.com (login with Sakai username and password).
New Features in Panopto - 6/25/2022
The latest Panopto upgrade contains several new tools and enhancements for recording, editing, and viewing recordings:
- Captioning - Users will now be able to find, select, and corrent multiple instances of a misspelled word.
- Video Recording - Expedited video processing time and enhanced Smart Chapters for the Panopto Recorder and Panopto Capture.
- Homepage - A new and improved interface allows for easier navigation and access.
Instructional Technology & Research Support (ITRS) will be hosting a series of live training sessions for faculty. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each session has a unique registration link.
Registration for all training sessions closes at 5:00pm CDT on the business day preceding the training.
The Panopto Guide contains self-help resources are designed to get you started with using Panopto.
Panopto Support offers an extensive collection of documentation and video tutorials. For questions or to request assistance with Panopto, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 775-508-4487. For self-service, please access the ITS Self-Service Portal.