Panopto is a lecture capture software that allows the user to include video, audio, screen capture, and slides into a recording. All Loyola faculty, staff, and students have the ability to create and share recordings in Panopto. Panopto is not limited to, but can be used in the following ways:
- Record in-person class sessions, using a video-equipped classroom
- Pre-record lectures to "flip the classroom"
- Pre-record lectures for online classes
- Have students create a recording for an assignment
- Upload audio or video files to share files with other users
- Create and share video tutorials
Users can access Panopto through Sakai course sites or by going to https://luc.hosted.panopto.com (login with Sakai username and password).
New Features in Panopto - Winter 2022
The latest Panopto upgrade contains several new tools and enhancements for recording, editing, and viewing recordings:
- Updated Homepage - The new and improved Panopto homepage supports multiple playlists, a more responsive interface, and easy to access video carousels.
- Video Reference Copies - Panopto users can now create reference copies of videos in different folders to share with other user groups. Some of the settings on reference copies can be overridden while still connecting to the master copy for easy edits.
- Discussion Notifications - All users will receive a daily summary email of discussion activity on their recordings. These notifications can be managed and configured to user preference.
- Audio Descriptions - Panopto viewer will now automatically pause and read audio descriptions for increased accessibility. These descriptions can be created or uploaded using Panopto Editor.
Instructional Technology & Research Support (ITRS) will be hosting a series of live training sessions for faculty. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each session has a unique registration link.
Registration for all training sessions closes at 5:00pm CDT on the business day preceding the training.
New Features in Panopto for 2022
Wednesday, April 27th, 4:00-4:30pm CDT
The Panopto Guide contains self-help resources are designed to get you started with using Panopto.
Panopto Support offers an extensive collection of documentation and video tutorials. For questions or to request assistance with Panopto, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 775-508-4487. For self-service, please access the ITS Self-Service Portal.