Panopto is a lecture capture software that allows the user to include video, audio, screen capture, and slides into a recording. All Loyola faculty, staff, and students have the ability to create and share recordings in Panopto. Panopto is not limited to, but can be used in the following ways:
- Record in-person class sessions, using a video-equipped classroom
- Pre-record lectures to "flip the classroom"
- Pre-record lectures for online classes
- Have students create a recording for an assignment
- Upload audio or video files to share files with other users
- Create and share video tutorials
Users can access Panopto through Sakai course sites or by going to https://luc.hosted.panopto.com (login with Sakai username and password).
New Features in Panopto - Summer 2021
The latest Panopto upgrade contains several new tools and enhancements for recording, editing, and viewing recordings:
- Multi-stream Viewer - Mobile device users can view and navigate through multiple streams in recordings.
- Moderating Discussions - After recording and sharing a Panopto session, creators are able to moderate discussions in the viewer.
- Preview in Capture - Preview each individual stream in Panopto Capture.
- Improved Share Feature - A new and improved interface for sharing recordings. Share emails now contain Table of Contents and captions (if in recording).
- Multi-Language Search - Users can discover content by multi-language searching.
For a complete list of upcoming changes, please see the Panopto Release Notes.
Instructional Technology & Research Support (ITRS) will be hosting a series of live training sessions for faculty. The schedule is listed below and registration is required. Please note each session has a unique registration link.
Registration for all training sessions closes at 5:00pm CDT on the business day preceding the training.
Record Your Lecture With Panopto
This training session provides first-time and new users with an introduction to recording and sharing asynchronous lectures in Panopto. Participants will learn how to set up and access Panopto, record with the Panopto Recorder/Panopto Capture, and share their content with students.
Tuesday, August 10th, 2:00-2:30pm CDT
Thursday, August 12th, 10:00-10:30am CDT
Panopto: Advanced Features
An in-depth exploration of the tools and features available in Panopto. This session covers how to use the Panopto Editor including making cuts, adding captions, editing slides and sources, inserting videos, creating quizzes, and more.
Monday, August 16th, 1:00-1:30pm CDT
Wednesday, August 18th, 10:00-10:30am CDT
The following self-help resources and FAQ sections are organized by faculty and students and are designed to get you started with using Panopto.
Panopto Support offers an extensive collection of documentation and video tutorials. For questions or to request assistance with Panopto, please contact the ITS Service Desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 775-508-4487. For self-service, please access the ITS Self-Service Portal.