Digital Media Services is able to provide access to a wide variety of equipment, including high-end or professional-grade resources. Based on the complexity, range of features and high costs, we strive to provide online, self-paced training resources to educate on the features and to better avoid cost of repair or replacement if misuse or damage occurs during loan. We strongly recommend planning in advance as these online training videos and assessments can take 15-30 minutes each. Assessment completion, review and granting authorization access cannot be automated, so it may take up to two business days. As always, we advise to our clients to plan in advance and reserve the equipment to best ensure availability.
Step 1: Review Training Videos
Step 2: Complete Training Assessments
After viewing the training videos, login to Sakai. You will need to navigate to the DMS Authorizations project site to gain access to the training assessments. To access and join this project site, follow these instructions:
- Login to Sakai with your University Network ID (UVID).
- When you login, you should be at the Home section, if not, click the Home link at the top-left corner.
- From the left-hand navigation bar, click the Membership link.
- Near the top, click the Joinable Sites tab.
- Using the searchbox, search DMS Authorizations. Once you locate this site, click it and select Join. This will now be among the list of your sites visible under the My Current Sites tab and from the Sites icon at the top-right.
- Follow the instructions within the Sakai site to review the associated videos and complete each assessment for the equipment you wish to be authorized to use.
Complete the training assessment for each piece of equipment you wish to have authorization for and gain access to checkout. Note that you must achieve a score of 100% in order to gain equipment authorization access. You may re-take the assessments as many times as necessary to achieve this score.
Step 3: Authorization Access
The DMS Authorizations project site assessments are reviewed once a day by full-time Digital Media Services staff only. Authorization Access will be granted within two business days upon verification of assessment scores (Monday through Friday, excluding University Holidays). Note that our student workers do not the ability to review scores or grant authorization access. You will receive email confirmation once you have been granted authorization access which will allow reservation of resources and/or equipment. As of the notice from the email, you will be able to see the equipment or resources visible in the Equipment Reservation System to reserve and check them out.
Ready to start the assessments?
Click here to access Sakai and find the DMS Authorizations project site!