Network printers belong to individual departments, but are set up on the LUC network for ease of access. Network printers are labelled based on their location (building code and room number). They are accessible from any Windows computer that has been imaged by Loyola ITS using the steps below. If connecting from a macOS computer or a personal device, the printer may be added via IP address.
When connecting to a network printer, it is only added to the user profile that is currently logged into the computer. Each user on the computer has to add the printer themselves while they are logged in.
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the screen to open the Start menu.
- At the top of the menu, select .Loyola Software Links.
- Scroll down to Network Printers and select the correct campus link.
- Note: Network Printers HSD is only available on HSC computers.
- Note: The links will automatically open in Internet Explorer. If you attempt to open the links in any other web browser, it will not work.
- You will be presented with a list of all the printers on the campus you selected. Browse the list and select the name of the printer you wish to install.
- After selecting the appropriate printer, you will be directed to the printer's details page. Navigate to the Printer Actions sections and select Connect.
- When the Add Printer Connection pop-up window appears, select Yes. This will start the installation.
Once complete, you will see a message in your browser that states, "The printer has been installed on your machine."
This printer is now ready to use. To set the printer as your default, search "Devices and Printers" from the Windows Start menu or select "Click here to open the printers folder on your machine" after the printer is successfully installed.
Right-click your chosen printer and select "Set as default".