Lawson Support Page
If you experience an error while attempting to access Employee Self-Service, please follow the below steps to clear the cache from your browser of choice. After you have cleared your browser cache, please close the browser completely, reopen it, then navigate to https://ess.luc.edu.
If you still experience trouble after clearing your browser cache, please contact the service desk at ITSServiceDesk@luc.edu or 773.508.4487.
Instructions to clear browser cache
- Select the menu button on the top right hand side, it is the button with 3 vertical dots.
- Select History, then select History again.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Select from the beginning of time.
- Click the following checkboxes (at minimum)
- Cookies and other sites and plugin data
- Cached images and files
- Select Clear browsing data.
- Close all Chrome windows and then reopen.
- Select the menu button on the top right hand side, it is the button with 3 horizontal lines.
- Select History.
- Select Clear Recent History.
- For the Time range to clear, select Everything.
- Next to Details, click the down arrow and select all items from the list.
- Select Clear Now.
- Close all Firefox windows and then reopen.
Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge and select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy, search, and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Under Time range, choose a time range.
- Select Cookies and other site data, and then select Clear now.
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen (below the red X).
- Hover your mouse over the option labeled "Safety."
- In the "Safety" sub-menu selection, click on "Delete browsing history."
- In the new window that showed up, make sure that the first 5 options from the top are checked: "Preserve Favorites website data", "Temporary Internet files and website files", "Cookies and website data", "History", "Download History."
- Click "Delete."
- Close out of IE and re-open it.
- From the menu on the top of the screen, select Safari.
- Select Preferences.
- Select Manage Website Data.
- Click Remove All Data.
- Select Remove Now from the pop-up window that appears.
- Close all Safari windows and then reopen.
Lawson Login Change
The login and authentication process for the Lawson application has been updated with a new look and feel. This update is required for future Lawson enhancements.
Who is affected by this change?
Any individual who accesses Lawson. This is a seamless transition with no additional setup or configuration required by individuals.
What will I notice?
Old Login: you entered your Loyola UVID username and password.
1. At the Lawson Login screen, enter your Loyola email address.
2. You are redirected to a Loyola Password authentication page to enter your Loyola password. Also, the login screens have a new look and feel.
Below is a comparison of the old and new login screens for reference:
Old Login Screen:
New Login Screens:
Then you are redirected to:
If you are accessing the Employee Self-Service portal, you will be required to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
MFA Getting Started: Information Technology Services: Loyola University Chicago (luc.edu)
Have an issue or concern? Contact the Service Desk by logging an incident via email at itsservicedesk@LUC.edu or via phone at 773-508-4487.