What is ECM?
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) is the technology used to capture, manage, store, preserve and deliver content related to organizational processes. It allows the management of an organization’s unstructured information wherever the information exists.
Source: Association for Information and Image Management (AIIM)
What is DocFinity?
DocFinity: Loyola’s ECM Solution
In 2007, LUC embarked on the RFI/RFP process and created a committee to select an imaging solution. LUC identified 17 vendors with the help of professional organizations and peer universities. At the end of the process, DocFinity was the software that scored the highest overall.
DocFinity is a web-based application with the following functionality:
- Document Importing (including e-mail)
- Business Process Management (Work Flows)
- Records Management
- Remote access (thru VPN)
- System Administration
The DocFinity enterprise content management (ECM) system enables institutions to create, monitor, and optimize student-based documents, records, and back-office processes. DocFinity allows users to eliminate mundane tasks, standardize processes, automatically distribute work, and reuse data from other systems. This helps staff to minimize errors, improve turnaround, and achieve a greater degree of process efficiency.
For more information, visit http://www.docfinity.com/.
Note to Loyola users: You must be within the LUC network or the VPN to access DocFinity.
How does LUC use DocFinity?
LUC selected DocFinity in order to achieve greater collaboration and sharing of documents. Prior to the implementation of DocFinity, each department was responsible for their own imaging solution. A strategic plan was set forth and Financial Aid was slated as the first department to receive a DocFinity implementation. The project was launched in February 2009.
As of March, 2021, over 60 departments and 1,700 users from LSC, WTC & Maywood are using DocFinity as their imaging system.
LUC’s ECM team is dedicated to creating a completely customized DocFinity installation that best fits each department’s unique business needs.
How can I acquire DocFinity for my department?
Basic Steps of an ECM ProjectNote: The length of your project will depend on the complexity of your implementation and its place on our prioritization list.
Step 1: Interested LUC customers must fill out the DocFinity Request eForm.
Step 2: The BSI Manager will schedule a meeting with the department and provide an information session.
Step 3: BSI Manager will prioritize the project.
Step 4: The BSI Manager assigns the new group a Project Manager and/or Business Analyst.
Step 5: The Project Manager and/or Business Analyst meets with the department's project sponsor/s and functional lead/s to review the project scope and determine a tentative timeline.
Step 6: During a series of requirements meetings, the team will figure out which documents need to be stored in DocFinity, how they should be indexed, who should have access to them, etc.
Step 7: The ECM Systems Administrators will perform the technical work of setting up the department's repository in DocFinity.
Step 8: Demonstration and training sessions for users will take place.
What is DocFinity's business impact?
- Process Efficiency: Improved document scanning, indexing and workflow processes. Savings of 9600+ hours annually during the scanning and document handling processes.
- Business Impact: Documents are available earlier in the process for administrative review and for earlier student appointments.
- Improved Security: Utilizing the enhanced document security features to control document access. Creating work flow notifications for end document user.
- Business Impact: Reduces security risks with multiple paper copies containing personally identifiable information and restricts access to appropriate audiences. Eliminates inter-campus mail for document sharing.
- Advanced Functionality: Productivity reporting is no longer a manual process.
- Business Impact: Elimination of manual “tick” reporting.
- Faster Document Retrieval: Single-click document access and integration with LOCUS makes scanned documents available in seconds rather than minutes.
- Business Impact: 86% average process improvement reduces administration time and allows more time to service students.
- Improved Data Integrity: Control of data accuracy through workflow processing and LOCUS assisted index/data validation.
- Business Impact: Reduction in error corrections.
- Enhanced Data Sharing: Transcript tracking workflow has reduced the amount of time required to exchange images (documents) between departments at different campuses.
- Business Impact: Quicker response times for transcript processing/updates.
- Communication Improvements: Utilization of DocFinity versus the legacy system.
- Business Impact: Overall improved communication within the graduate schools.